New Messaging App/Icon questions

wareagle46

Reaction score
I just got a new Droid Razr.

I really like the idea of the Messaging icon however I have a few questions about it.

1) Why can't I add Handcent SMS to my Messaging app. I see universal inbox, text messaging, facebook, gmail etc but I cannot get the Hancent to be added in the icon.

2) When I open up my gmail account through Messaging app, all of my emails are displayed. I have multiple emails in folders that are sorted and when I open up the Gmail icon, they are in their correct folders; however, when I open up gmail through messaging icon, every email is shown. I can switch through the inbox of gmail, hotmail, facebook, etc but i just hate that I can't see specific folder of gmail.

Last edited:

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I can't even get the Messaging app to show me gmail accounts. The only one it'll do is my corporate exchange.

OP
wareagle46

wareagle46

Reaction score
Man I don't know why that doesn't work. I find the concept of the messaging app really cool but it doesn't have any features to edit it how you would like. Everytime I click the app now, it loads my gmail account. I want it to load my work email instead. Now, even when I click on just the plain email icon, it pulls up my gmail account and not my work account. I had the original droid and it was much easier to get all this set up.

morgancz

Reaction score
I have to same issue. when i click the regular email icon, I can view all my email accounts and can browse all the folders on my hotmail and work email, but with my gmail account, i can ONLY view the inbox and not any of the other folders. however, if i open the gmail application, i can view all my fodlers fine. I want to be able to view all my folders in the regular email application so i don't have to switch between 2 applications all the time to see my sent messages.

is there any way to fix this??