Editing email signature on AT&T Galaxy S4

Choptank

Reaction score
North Central WV and North Central Florida
Ok, now I am on a mission!

I spent a couple of hours with Samsung Support (wonderful support BTW) to no avail. They threw their hands up and suggested AT&T support (also wonderful support BTW) also to no avail. :icon_ cry:

I am trying to change the stock email which now reads: Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

I want to change it to read something like:

I got rid of my iPhone(y) and got a real phone - sent from my Galaxy S4 :)

or something.

I can edit the Signature but when I press Done it does not hold the change and goes back to the default.

Anyone have a clue/tip on how to get around this stock Signature.

Thank you!

:icon_ banana:

GVLBob

Reaction score
On my phone, I can change the signature and the change is permanent.

Have you tried clearing the cache and data? Then doing a Force Stop and restart?

OP
Choptank

Choptank

Reaction score
North Central WV and North Central Florida
On my phone, I can change the signature and the change is permanent.

Have you tried clearing the cache and data? Then doing a Force Stop and restart?

I'm pretty certain that both Samsung and AT&T had me attempt that.

The AT&T support person (again can not say how pleased I was with their attention) had me download an app so that he could run my S4 from remote and even he was perplexed. It worked on his phone but would not on mine.

If you edit and hit Done, is there some indication that the changes have been saved or do I just know they weren't when I go back to the menu?

Sorry - definite novice here!

GVLBob

Reaction score
If you edit and hit Done, is there some indication that the changes have been saved or do I just know they weren't when I go back to the menu?

There is no indication that the changes were saved, other than that the new signature will be displayed when you return to the Setting screen.