Easiest way to sync photos and videos (Nexus to PC) wirelessly?

kimintenn

Reaction score
With my old Droid I always manually copied all of my pictures and videos over to my PC for backup every few months... I've read a few posts where people mentioned a program called Drop Box I think for syncing files between your PC and Nexus. Is there another program I should be looking at instead?

I'm hoping to find something where if I delete something on my computer or on my Nexus that it automatically makes that change in the other location.

shanimal92

Reaction score
Box
Sugarsync

I really like drop box though. Verrry easy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
Box
Sugarsync

I really like drop box though. Verrry easy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Do you install a program on your PC and an app on your phone? And does it store your pics online ("in the cloud") or anything like that? I really just want something that syncs the two locally/wirelessly.

shanimal92

Reaction score
Box is just like Dropbox. from what i gather sugersync is like dropbox also, but i think it only gives you 125mb free for downloading the app on your phone. i dont know of any that just transfer you pics wirelessly.

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
i dont know of any that just transfer you pics wirelessly.
We have our wireless internet setup so that we can view files on different PCs in the house. Is it possible to set the Nexus up to be able to view hard drives on our wireless network? I might be able to easily sync them manually if that would work.

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score

shanimal92

Reaction score
Lol, the app gives it to you. it says "type XXX.XXX.X.XX into your address bar and and...." so you dont need to know it. very nice app. it is $1 buts worth it. especially if you transfer a lot. if you dont have money to spends, theres always mobilism... :happy:

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
Lol, the app gives it to you. it says "type XXX.XXX.X.XX into your address bar and and...." so you dont need to know it. very nice app. it is $1 buts worth it. especially if you transfer a lot. if you dont have money to spends, theres always mobilism... :happy:

That sounds handy! I've never actually purchased an app because I've always been a little nervous about giving them my CC #! LOL I'm paranoid that way.

Oh and I have no idea what mobilism is, but I googled it and the first website I went to was VERY xxx rated. :blink::blink::blink:

shanimal92

Reaction score
HAHA! well, i can assure you thats not what i ment:p The first website that i got was the correct one LOL. mayeb type "mobilism.forum"

shanimal92

Reaction score
0.0 that looks a bit better than mine. do you need a program runnign on the computer?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'll check that one out! Thanks for the recommendation.
It's nice, it's pretty much your phone on your desktop...well in a browser. You can answer text messages from there, check any missed calls, install apps, transfer files, etc. It doesn't work with 3rd party messaging apps though, only the stock messenger. I don't even turn on my screen on my phone anymore unless it's a call.