Easiest way to sync photos and videos (Nexus to PC) wirelessly?

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
It's nice, it's pretty much your phone on your desktop...well in a browser. You can answer text messages from there, check any missed calls, install apps, transfer files, etc. It doesn't work with 3rd party messaging apps though, only the stock messenger. I don't even turn on my screen on my phone anymore unless it's a call.
Sounds perfect! Do you think its completely secure? Obviously you wouldn't be using it if you thought others were gaining access to your files, but I had to ask.

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
It's nice, it's pretty much your phone on your desktop...well in a browser. You can answer text messages from there, check any missed calls, install apps, transfer files, etc. It doesn't work with 3rd party messaging apps though, only the stock messenger. I don't even turn on my screen on my phone anymore unless it's a call.
Just found this youtube demo:
[video=youtube;BfXRhSIm-m0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfXRhSIm-m0[/video]
Definitely have to get this!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds perfect! Do you think its completely secure? Obviously you wouldn't be using it if you thought others were gaining access to your files, but I had to ask.
Well you use it through your home wifi connection. If your connection is secure then your phone is. I've tried other apps, but this is the best imo.

Sal R.

Reaction score
I've been using samba filesharing app on my droid to view my droid as network drive on my PC and SyncToy to sync folders between my droid and PC.

Gotta check out Airdroid...looks pretty cool.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didn't see anyone mention it, but I set up a Google+ account just for pictures. I have it set on private so all of my pictures automatically upload to my Google+ account that's only viewed by me and then I can download them to my computer whenever I want. I found this to be very effective and since G+ is integrated so well with the Nexus it seemed like the best fit.

captdroid

Reaction score
Didn't see anyone mention it, but I set up a Google+ account just for pictures. I have it set on private so all of my pictures automatically upload to my Google+ account that's only viewed by me and then I can download them to my computer whenever I want. I found this to be very effective and since G+ is integrated so well with the Nexus it seemed like the best fit.

I did the same. Works perfectly. I bought Titanium media sync (or whatever the name I forget off hand) to sync pictures to my dropbox account when using my D1. Using Google+ for pictures sync works much better. I don't see any video sync so I still use the Titanium media sync for that to dropbox.

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the Air Droid recommendation! It is exactly what I was looking for and could not be easier to use! I like that I didn't need to install any extra software on my PC. Highly recommend this if you guys are looking for an easy way to transfer files wirelessly.