Dx to car stereo?

RTDX

Reaction score
New here and very tech challenged. Is there a way to connect a dx to alpine cda9847?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If not there is another option, but it requires a bit more work and maybe even some drilling. Basically you'll have to buy an rca to audio cable, pull the radio, plug the rca into the input, then run the rca either out the side of the console or run it down through and come out in your center console box (my prefered method).

qman66

Reaction score
Easy way, is to get a FM transmitter.

Easy, but BY FAR the worst option.

FM transmitters suck.......

~John
True, but I just got a Jabra Cruiser check it out on eBay. I got it for $33 I think. Works great, connects through bluetooth to phone and media which basically means anything you hear on the phone will be heard on the cruiser which has a speaker or on your cars speakers via fm transmitter. FM transmitter isnt perfect but great most of the time. Obviously a car with internal bluetooth would be option one and aux in two. But I have neither and this works great for its price. Motorola has a similar device too for like $40. But I went with Jabra just cause of the price and its been a great decision.

Technoman

Reaction score

~John
True, but I just got a Jabra Cruiser check it out on eBay. I got it for $33 I think. Works great, connects through bluetooth to phone and media which basically means anything you hear on the phone will be heard on the cruiser which has a speaker or on your cars speakers via fm transmitter. FM transmitter isnt perfect but great most of the time. Obviously a car with internal bluetooth would be option one and aux in two. But I have neither and this works great for its price. Motorola has a similar device too for like $40. But I went with Jabra just cause of the price and its been a great decision.

I had the Motorola device that you are referring to. Although the Bluetooth worked great for this device, the FM transmitter did not do well at all. I believe that this is primarily due to the fact that we are overwhelmed with FM stations in the DFW area. You need a clear connection that does not have any station close to the one that you are using for that connection.

If you have some clear area on your dial, then this may be an option for you. However if you are like the area I am in, forget the FM transmitter, you will not be happy with this option.

I sold that unit, and purchased the BlueAnt S4 speakerphone. I don't need that connection any longer with the S4 since the speakerphone on the S4 works very well.

qman66

Reaction score

~John

I had the Motorola device that you are referring to. Although the Bluetooth worked great for this device, the FM transmitter did not do well at all. I believe that this is primarily due to the fact that we are overwhelmed with FM stations in the DFW area. You need a clear connection that does not have any station close to the one that you are using for that connection.

If you have some clear area on your dial, then this may be an option for you. However if you are like the area I am in, forget the FM transmitter, you will not be happy with this option.

I sold that unit, and purchased the BlueAnt S4 speakerphone. I don't need that connection any longer with the S4 since the speakerphone on the S4 works very well.

Maybe the Moto ones FM transmitter just sucks cause I live in NYC tons of stations here too. I only get a problem sometimes in the highway thats it and on the brooklyn bridge.

Slow88lx

Reaction score
If you don't have a radio with bluetooth or aux or usb....then what you want is a WIRED fm modulator. They plug into the back of your radio and then the car's antenna plugs into it. There will be a switch that you flip which will cut off the car's antenna from the radio and thus eliminate bleed from actual radio stations while it plays your new aux input.

snodog

Reaction score
The Alpine cda9847 has a fairly goofy way of inputing a AUX signal. You need to check the rear of the unit and your deck documentation then go back to your dealer or purchase over the Internet the reuired adapter for that model...
Internet documentation says you can buy and attach a 'ai-net to RCA cable' to the rear of that model deck that will allow you to connect the DROID as an AUX input.

sohaunted

Reaction score

Easy way is check to see if your stereo has an aux in, most all aftermarket stereos are equipped with an aux in nowadays, heck they even have usb ports now lol.

If so as mentioned before get a double male audio jack cable and hook it up, I never ever listen to the radio or even cd's I have over 8000 songs on my DX lol.

OP
R

RTDX

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and opinions everyone. I was hoping someone would have actual experience with the same model stereo. (I bought the vehicle with the stereo installed and do not have a manual for it).

I guess I will have to find some time to pull the unit from the dash and see exactly what I can plug in to the back of it. I have never used an Ipod or similar device and thought it would be a good additional use for my new droid xdancedroid

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Easy way, is to get a FM transmitter. Available at most stores that sell electronics. (Walmart sells them) Just be sure no radio stations use a frequency close to what the transmitter uses.

OR

You can rip your dashboard off, and do something like this.. 4Runners.org - iPod to Alpine CDA-9847 Integration

Oddly enough... that's almost exactly what I did in my car!! To get my X and my Alpine talking... I had to buy a Bluetooth to auxiliary adapter. Costs about fifteen bucks on Amazon