Better sound from radio stations?

thinman72069

Reaction score
Anybody here that could tell me how to get better sound from Pandora?
I don't want to load my DX with the ton of music in my library so I strictly play radio through my car stereo with a male-male cord and the sound is okay but not great.
I know there's apps where you can tweak for the mp3's stored on the phone, but I'm curious if there's any way to do that with Pandora?
I'm not holding my breath but I figure if there's a way, someone here would surely know.
Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ekf028

Reaction score
Slacker radio did get a lot louder with their last update. Pandora has always seemed quieter.

OP
T

thinman72069

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll have to check out Slacker. It's just that I've put in so many hours getting my stations on Pandora to figure out what I like that I've been reluctant to start over with another one. But if it means better sound quality it would be worth it in my estimation. I'll download it now.

Slow88lx

Reaction score
Have you gone into Pandora's settings and selected high quality audio?

I'm with efk028 though Slacker uses a better bitrate and they don't take the bass out.

ekf028

Reaction score
The only drawback to Slacker is that you can't create stations in the app, you have to do it on the web version.

OP
T

thinman72069

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have already set the settings on Pandora for supposedly being a better output. I'd hate to hear the standard.

I've concluded that Slacker sounds much better in my pickup. I went on my desktop this morning and set up some stations to test out on the way to work and the results were staggering. Good call!

I wish it would have worked out with Pandora though. Both have qualities that the other is lacking I've found.

ekf028

Reaction score
If you ever decide to load up mp3's, Poweramp is the best sound music app I have ever heard.

PFM

Reaction score
I've found the sound quality through the car stereo seems to improve when I set the volume on my Droid X to about 75% (and not full volume).