playlists and car stereo

Whitemike358

Reaction score
I have a alpine car stereo that connects via usb. I use google play music to sort all of my music into playlists. My problem is the playlists dont show up on the stereo once its connected. I have to search through hundreds of songs to find the one i want to play. Any ideas?

Krenzy

Reaction score
I'm unsure about the Google music apps, but I downloaded Double Twist and love it; my playlists work just fine when connected to my car stereo.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I have a alpine car stereo that connects via usb. I use google play music to sort all of my music into playlists. My problem is the playlists dont show up on the stereo once its connected. I have to search through hundreds of songs to find the one i want to play. Any ideas?

ok.. this may be the way mine works, which may be different from yours, but since you are playing the music from your phone, don't you control the playlist from your phone too?

On my Infiniti, the music plays from my phone (via whichever music player I choose) through my OEM system. Since the music is coming from my phone, I choose which playlist I want on the phone.

Just curious. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

David

OP
W

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Actually it connects in mass storage mode, so its reading the sd card. Im starting to wonder if i need to set up the playlists on the sd card.

OP
W

Whitemike358

Reaction score
I'm unsure about the Google music apps, but I downloaded Double Twist and love it; my playlists work just fine when connected to my car stereo.

Is your phone connected in mass storage mode and the music controlled by the radio?

Krenzy

Reaction score
I just plug the 3.5 jack into my phone and hit play on whatever playlist I choose, whether it's in the car dock mode or not.

OP
W

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be nice but mine only has the usb connection

Krenzy

Reaction score
Ah gotcha! I'll give that a shot later and see how mine plays through the USB.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
ahhhh... OK, so now I see what is going on. The stereo is seeing your Razr as an external drive and playing the music off it as if it was a USB drive.

So if that's the case, I don't think any of the playlists on the phone would work, unless the stereo was capable of reading and playing them.

David

Krenzy

Reaction score
Quick question: Is it playing your playlist in alphanumeric order? A-Z, 0-9?

sakana

Reaction score
ahhhh... OK, so now I see what is going on. The stereo is seeing your Razr as an external drive and playing the music off it as if it was a USB drive.

So if that's the case, I don't think any of the playlists on the phone would work, unless the stereo was capable of reading and playing them.

David

^^^This is whats going on.

Through the USB cable it only sees the music on the device so if you don't have playlists on your device, and you dont since they are only on google music, the stereo can't see them. You would have to use the 3.5mm jack or bluetooth to play those playlists.