Droid x and Alpine

acesup

Reaction score
Im new to android and the site and i have an ida-x305s alpine system. I was wondering if there are any apps or anything i can do to get my droid x to work with the apline the same way the iphone does.

bsbabcock

Reaction score
Interesting.. I'm going to guess here. I would say connecting (via usb) you could possibly run the droid like a USB external drive (thumb drive) which would operate on the Alpine like any thumb drive, but might dissengage the phone for regular phone use while plugged in.

Pretty sure I've not found any hack or cable though to run anything other than an iPod or iPhone through any iPod specific port. Apple has that proprietary connection setup pretty much locked down tight unless someone would correct me, which I wish for. Wouldn't that be lovely though as those IDA's were designed pretty much for iPods.

Given the complexity of trying, and the time and effort attempting such, were it me I'd just give in to the dark side and just run an iPod for tunes on the IDA.

I think (but am not positive) that Alpine unit reads the digital signal doing it's own processing, so it should sound pretty good as opposed to doing the DA conversion on the ipod (which stinks in the newest units). But that's a whole other topic.