Dummy Plug For Droid Headphone Jack!

coondogg97

Reaction score
In the coming days I will be contacting a manufacturing plant with the CAD drawings for our plugs... stay tuned

hahaha looks like someone stole my idea. hahah. its cool i already have a bunch of the ones i posted in the first post.

p.s. Xerozix let me know if u need more and hi-def pics of the plugs i have.

What exactly was your idea? The plug you took out of your LG Dare?

But for future reference:

Let me google that for you

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
The plug can be removed pretty easily but will never fall out unless u actually pull it out on purpose. Still no one has helped me find someone who would be able to produce them for me. Can u guys help me search the net n find a company that could make us them. Ill give 10 free plugs to the person who helps me find the maker

No bro... I was also searching for a company 2 weeks ago.

penguintunes

Reaction score
Those plugs can be made in any machine shop on the planet, probably, for about a nickel apiece. Machine shops can definitely manufacture those out of a soft plastic, and in multiple colors. Maybe even in rubber, although that will probably be more expensive.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Just bought one off of ebay for $1. Ill let you all know how it goes.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Xerozix

Reaction score
manufacturer is deciding to be a ***** about it.

Does anyone want the files to make my life a little easier?

They're solidworks 2009 files.

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Please send me the files too. I am like 90% sure I know a good place. Can u also convert them to pdf also. They want both versions of the file. Thanks. My email is [email protected]

Shadowtech

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd love to have one of these. You should see if they could make one for the usb port as well. I hate getting dust and stuff in these ports!

Here is a micro usb cover for a nokia phone.. would have to be trimmed a little but would probably work.. for $8 though I don't plan on trying it.

Nokia 6650 Fold Micro USB Charge Port Cover, System Connector Protective Plug, Nokia 6650 Fold Cell Phone Parts

It's kind of amazing how difficult these covers are to find.. you'd think something so simple would be all over the place.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
I use my micro usb so often that a cover would just be a hassle and I'd probably lose it. Im still waiting on my 3.5mm plug to come in btw, but as soon as I get it Ill let you all know how it works.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Yupp there is big money kn little thinhs like this. People get rich from little ideas. Someone just needs to find a manufacture and fork up the cash upfront

MJ5150

Reaction score

My plug just arrived from Hong Kong. I paid for it on December 27th, not too bad of a wait for shipping.

I plugged it into the headphone jack and it fits just fine. Nice and snug. It's not going to fall out. It has the same matte finish as the side of the phone, the plug is rubber.

There is a slight angle on the top of the plug, so it is a hair thicker on one side than the other. It is barely noticeable, and actually makes it easy to pop out since you have a slightly thicker edge to grab with your fingernail to remove it. For $1, I am not going to complain. I think it looks great.

I highly recommend it to everyone.

-Mike