Dummy Plug For Droid Headphone Jack!

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Here is a dummy plug i found for the headphone jack. They are Super Hard to find!! I am looking to hook up with someone and get them produced in bulk. I am up for any suggestions on how to improve it. This was taken out of a Dare. It is the same texture and color as the Seidio case. If anyone know anyone who has the capibility to produce something like this or know a place to get it done, please let me know. They are made for the iPhone by a bunch of companies and i wanta get it started for these. I was thinking of making the top flat part thicker. let me know what u guys think about this.

Here are some pics...

IMG_7988_small.jpg

IMG_7987_small.jpg

The red lines below are to show that the plug is ribbed. the lines represent thicker lines of the rubber.
IMG_7989_small.jpg

IMG_7991_small.jpg

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere online and can not find one at all. they only make them for the iPhone.

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Nope. iPhone ones will not work. a lot different. Where would i go about looking to find someone to produce something like the pic posted.

MJ5150

Reaction score
What is so different? I see the plugs that double as a SIM card remover, but you can break off that stem. The opening is the same size. What am I missing here?

-Mike

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
I have tried them. they are not as nice and do not stay in like the one i currently have.

thrashtrash

Reaction score
might i ask what case it is that youre using? does it have a snug fit on the phone? i have a problem with loosing the one that rims the screen, as all the ones i have tried have been very loose fitting

Here is a dummy plug i found for the headphone jack. They are Super Hard to find!! I am looking to hook up with someone and get them produced in bulk. I am up for any suggestions on how to improve it. This was taken out of a Dare. It is the same texture and color as the Seidio case. If anyone know anyone who has the capibility to produce something like this or know a place to get it done, please let me know. They are made for the iPhone by a bunch of companies and i wanta get it started for these. I was thinking of making the top flat part thicker. let me know what u guys think about this

R

racklefratz

Why do we want these? Just to protect the jack from dust, dirt and water?

I sure hope nobody is getting their Droid anywhere *water* could get in there, but aside from that, absolutely, the pockets and purses these phones live in can literally DUMP stuff in there. This is a wonderful idea. - one less thing to worry about.

powells85

Reaction score
Any available for the micro usb port? I took a headphone plug off my old Dare, fits good.

greyghost04

Reaction score
How hard is that plug to get out? It looks like it fits pretty flush with the hole. Does it come out easily?