Due for upgrade in a few months.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I have had my Droid since 2-10 and I have been happy with it for the most part. However after the last update it is running very slow. Also when it updates stuff from the market it says I don't have enough space for a good deal of them.

I don't do a whole lot with my phone, check email, browse the web, calls, pictures...the usual stuff. Anyway in October I get my new every two and am curious about which phone to get. I had a chance to mess around with my Mom's Thunderbolt yesterday and I was impressed. After using my slow D1 for a while it was refreshing to have something so responsive.

In the coming months what are some of the better phones? (I am looking for 4g(even though it is not really in my area yet).

Thanks for any help or suggestions. I have talked to some people at the local verizon store but they don't really seem educated on the subject. Also I have no idea or interest in rooting.

Samurai26

Reaction score
First thing that comes to mind, DROID Bionic set to be released around late summer last time I heard. Dual-Core 1 or 1.2GHz, 1gb RAM, qHD screen, but most likely locked bootloader and Moto Blur...

It was delayed like a month ago for "enhacements", hey maybe they're implementing an unlocked boot loader *crosses fingers*

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The Droid Bionic looks to be the best LTE phone on the horizon.

...actually, that's the only announced, unreleased LTE phone that I'm aware of at the moment on Verizon. August is the rumored release date at this point.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Droid Bionic looks to be the best LTE phone on the horizon.

...actually, that's the only announced, unreleased LTE phone that I'm aware of at the moment on Verizon. August is the rumored release date at this point.

And the only dual-core LTE phone on the horizon, I believe.

I have a few months to go on my upgrade as well, and I can't see pulling the trigger for anything less than dual-core AND LTE. IMO, one without the other is a device behind the curve.