Upgrade after 20 months?

kytprice

Reaction score
I am trying to replace my wife's og Droid with a thunderbolt on my second line. It is past 20 months for her phone. But everywhere I have tried says I have to wait the full 24 what gives? I thought you could upgrade after 20.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Snow02

Reaction score
Have you looked online at your vzw account? It will show your upgrade eligibility.

OP
kytprice

kytprice

Reaction score
Yes my 24 months are up in June along with my contract. On her phone. Her Droid is getting pretty rough or I wouldn't worry about it but I don't think it's gonna hold on until June.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I am trying to replace my wife's og Droid with a thunderbolt on my second line. It is past 20 months for her phone. But everywhere I have tried says I have to wait the full 24 what gives? I thought you could upgrade after 20.

Normal upgrade is after 20 months. That is what shows for both my Droid and my wife's Ally on my account and what has shown for past phones. I'm a bit confused by part of your post. You say that it is past 20 months for her phone. Do you mean her Droid? If so, the Droid has only been out for 16 months. Are you being told that you have 4 more months to wait for an upgrade? If so, that seems correct (20-16=4).

Snow02

Reaction score
Your vzw account will clearly say "upgrade eligible" if it is.

OP
kytprice

kytprice

Reaction score
We bought the Droid from a third party she started out with a non smartphone. The Verizon website shows upgrade June the sixth that's when our contract is up. I thought you could renew after 20 months and get a discount on a new phone but Verizon says we must wait the entire 24 months.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Mine has said upgrade available in Aug, then this past Thursday when I went to pay my bill online it said upgrade available now. So I bought the Thunderbolt and will be delivered on Monday. I don't know why, because it has only been 15 months since I got my Original Droid.

OP
kytprice

kytprice

Reaction score
Well I called Verizon and they said no more early upgrades. You have to wait the 24 months or pay full price. Rep said early upgrades stopped when new every 2 did. Might be time to look at sprint in June.

HazardInc

Reaction score
You should go online better deals and instant rebates or call vzw .. stores s... in my opinion

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's wrong seeing as my upgrade date is July 7th and my contract is up November 7th. If it's true that sucks though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Snow02

Reaction score
I renewed in december, I have an august upgrade date.

nateccnn

Reaction score
I went in to local store (Sparks, NV ) and told them I wanted a thunderbolt but would not be able to upgrade till November. The salesman told me if I pay am early upgrade fee of 20 bucks he could do the upgrade for me. I did not even have to ask. This happened Thursday this week. Someone is giving you a line. Try another store. The store in Idaho told me no early upgrades just two weeks ago. They must all have different policies. Id keep trying different stores till you find one hungry for a sale.

Nate