DropSync Connection & SD Card Error...

JandN2639

Reaction score
Has anyone here had either of these problems with the DropSync app from MetaCtrl?

Although DriveSync--from the same company--is fine, DropSync started having a server error on about August 3. When we uninstalled and reinstalled on August 13, it wouldn't write to the SD card anymore.

We have a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android Oreo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Oreo changed the app permissions a lot (along with Notification). Maybe the app developer hasn't updated their app to be fully compatible with Android Oreo? I'm guessing there is an "allow access to..." type of prompt that you should be seeing so you can click Allow, but the prompt is not appearing. Have you reached out to that app developer for any support / comments?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
J

JandN2639

Reaction score
The button to click does absolutely nothing, and the developer insists nothing is wrong with the app. Since a different app from the same development group, with the same form of SD card access, doesn't have these issues, I figured I need to ask.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
At least they were responsive to your inquiry, that's a good sign. Have you gone into the Permission Settings on your phone and looked to see if SD Card / External storage is On for that app? Compare the Permission Settings between the two apps and see if anything is different?

OP
J

JandN2639

Reaction score
We didn't change any settings. That's why I'm asking if anyone else has had this problem.

OP
J

JandN2639

Reaction score
And both DriveSync and DropSync have storage permission.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That does seem odd. I am not familiar with those apps personally, I use Google Drive for all my cloud storage. Hopefully another one of our members is more familiar with those apps and has a suggestion.