Dropping calls!

Skidog

Reaction score
I purchased the Droid Charge on its release date. Love it. HOWEVER, I am dropping 15-20 calls a day! This is killing me! Took the original phone back, and got another one. Same damn thing! Anybody else having this problem with the Charge? A friend of mine bought one the same day and hasn't had any dropped calls, and we live in the same area. Bought my wife a Droid X the same day, and she's not have any problems either! I'm beginning to thing that when they are making these damn 'Smart'phones, they're forgetting the most basic part in the construction! Its a PHONE, first and foremost!:icon_evil:

zichaj

Reaction score
Yes i have the same problem!

Bought a Charge from Amazon Mobile a month ago. I drop 50-75% of my calls. Amazon sent me a new one so I have two right now and they both do the same thing. The phone actually isn't really usable since I have to call a person back 2, 3 or 4 times to get a 30 minute conversation in. I started to pay really close attention to what was happening and where I was. What I found out was that many of the drops were signal related. I would get a message on the phone saying signal faded, call lost. But just as many of the drops have just ended with no message at all. Is it possible I've had two bad phones or that there is some issue with my 4G sim?

dmconnolly

Reaction score
I had the LG revolution and had that problem. So, I transferred to the Droid Charge.. same problem. I called Technical support and they got my 4g sim chip replaced and haven't had the problem since.

OP
S

Skidog

Reaction score
I am currently on my 4th Droid Charge! I have come to the conclusion that its a tower problem. This seems to only happen around my house & neighborhood. I have been to Verizon numerous times and finally got a tower service work order done. A tower tech is suppose to come to the nearest tower to me and do some testing on it, then actually come to my house and see if what he did to the tower, actually fixed the problem. Its been about 3-4 weeks now , and I haven't heard from them. So it may be time to bust their chops one more time!:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

zichaj

Reaction score
After 3 hours in the Verizon store and 6 days with a loaner phone I received my 3rd new droid charge and 2nd sim card. I used it for two days now and am still dropping about a quarter of my calls. I have the LTE option shut off and am now running on CDMA only since I don't ahve 4G in my area yet anyway. Doesn't seem to help. The phone gives me both "signal faded, call lost" drops that are recorded by verizon as dropped calls but I get even more drops where I just stop hearing the person on the other end a few seconds later the phone beebs and the call is dropped with no message. There are no other phones that look good other than the Revolution and it has even worse battery life than the Charge. Any ideas or suggestions?

OP
S

Skidog

Reaction score
I STILL haven't heard a word from Verizon! This is ridiculous!

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I'm wondering if its a device specific issue... might be a batch of Droid Charge phones that has some manufacturing issues..

OP
S

Skidog

Reaction score
I'm wondering if its a device specific issue... might be a batch of Droid Charge phones that has some manufacturing issues..

Good Point! I think I'll call their customer service dept. AGAIN and ask about this!