dropped my Droid X and it wont load past the droid logo

jenndroidx

Reaction score
Ok. I am desperate.
Last night when walking with a friend I accidentally dropped my droid X on the ground. I have no protective cover like an idiot. The battery back just popped off and I put it back on. It was working ok.

After we leave the show we're at, I was using the Maps app to find directions to where we were next headed and all of a sudden it restarted. It will go to the droid logo and the red circle thing, stay on that for a while, then restart to the droid logo, go back to the red circle thing... as you can tell, I am NOT tech savvy. (Obviously, since i'm calling it the red circle thing even though I'm sure there's a name for it.)

I realllllly don't want to take it to the Verizon store because I'm broke.

I tried to do the factory reset thing, one of the very few things I know how to do, and reboot it, to no avail.
Did I really **** it up that bad by dropping it? Does anyone know of anything I can do, and possibly break it down in directions someone like me could follow? Anyone out there that patient enough for me? Hahaha.

I'd appreciate any help. I'm hoping my dad put insurance on it but god knows, and I can't exactly call him and ask.

Thanks .

--Jennifer :icon_ banana:

Nightwolf5000

Reaction score
The easiest and safest thing to do first is take it to the verizon store to see if your dad put insurance on it. That will at least provide you with information on what to do next. If you do have insurance, your good. So you just dropped your droid x? I had a droid x and earlier this year, i was at school in the library on the second floor sitting on a table near the edge of a railing. I had placed my droid x on top of my math book near the edge when i suddenly open my math book and my cell flys off and hits the ground with a bam! Scared the hell outta everyone. Someone picks it up and i meet them at the stairs. Luckly it still work! Just a scratch! Just sold it on craigs list 4 200 dollars!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I think even with insurance there will probably be a deductible around $90. If all else fails, ebay has a ton of X's for sale and they are going for a little over $100.