dropped in milk!

cj3434

Reaction score
hey first time using the forum, but I have a droid razr and the top half fell in milk... ya don't ask. Anyways I checked it out and the only problem was with the sound. Music wouldn't play from the speaker. the ringtone alert worked but the other line couldn't hear me, vice versa. audio worked with headphones and also speaker phone for calls. SO... I threw it in to a bowl of rice. Im was planning on leaving it alone in the bowl til tomorrow. But then my battery alert came on and the phone keeps replaying the start up droid images. should I attempt to charge while leaving in the bowl of rice or just let it dry and try charging tomorrow??? help!!!!

OP
C

cj3434

Reaction score
It's officially off now... is there any hope?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would not attempt to charge it as there could be milk in the device. Sometimes it takes a bit for a phone to show the effects (worse than just loss of sound). I'd keep it off and to dry for a few days.

Since it is milk though hopefully there isn't residue left in your device.

OP
C

cj3434

Reaction score
I would not attempt to charge it as there could be milk in the device. Sometimes it takes a bit for a phone to show the effects (worse than just loss of sound). I'd keep it off and to dry for a few days.

Since it is milk though hopefully there isn't residue left in your device.

Man that stinks... thanks!