DroidX wont boot past moto icon

tree9

Reaction score
Hi, I need a little assistance please!
I have a droidX running 2.3 gingerbread ( stock, not rooted).

I don't know what happened but I can't get past the initial Motorola icon when starting the phone, it gets stuck there.

I tried the following:

• pulled battery and SD card many times

• try to access menu for a reset via instructions i found:
hold home,hold power, release power when Motorola icon appears, however it never brings me to the android and exclamation point.

• hold all buttons + press power i get:

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

------------
Little history:
issue started while i was away for a few days, when i got home i simply plugged it into my usb/windows7 and it booted up by itself and has been working fine again for a few days now.

now all the sudden its back to the same thing.
Both times all was working normal, then my 4 hardware buttons stopped responding, the screen still functioned fine. when i rebooted the phone, it went into this state. This is now the second time, and again it started with loss of the 4 hardware buttons before i rebooted it.

I don't know anything about ROMs or rooting, am i at a point where i need to reinstall the OS?
Plugging it onto my computer makes no difference this time around.

Any info would help
thanks!

(this is the original droidX, not the droidX2)

xWiZxKiDx

Reaction score
When you get to the Android exclamation point press the search button and then go to wipe data/factory reset and it should work.

Hope this helps

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
On GB, you have to press the 2 volume buttons when you are at the Android recovery screen. The search button is for Froyo.

Also, use the power button as the OK button.

If this doesn't work, you will have to sbf.

CM74DX