1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

droidforums.net forum issues...is this just me?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by apeshitninja, Dec 3, 2009.

1. apeshitninja

apeshitninja New Member

Whenever I click on a forum to view or a thread within a forum, my browser (Firefox) freezes for a few seconds while it tries to load google-analytics.com, pointrol.com, or any other of the advertisement servers which are embedded in the forum.

It's a pain cause it causes a delay in the page loading (a few seconds, which is noticeable) otherwise I wouldn't mention it. It also freezes up Firefox, youtube vids I'm watching in other windows freeze, etc.

Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me? I realize the forum needs ads, I run a few sites with ads myself, but that doesn't seem normal.

Not trying to *****, just trying to help.
  2. RLJSlick

RLJSlick New Member

Hmm that's odd, there are a few things you can do, first if I was you I would download a anti spy software like Spybot, and scan your computer, the other thing, since you use Firefox as I do I would download the addon for it called AdBlock Plus. That will help keep unwanted popups and adds to be loaded when you go to a web site. I would really scan your computer first. If you don't want to use Spybot then use the built-in one from M$ called Microsoft Defender.
    Hope that helps!

3. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

I've been using Firefox ever since I registered and have not had any issues.

I would run a good malware and adware cleaner.

Malwarebytes Anti Malware

CCleaner

Ad Aware

are excellent and free.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009