droidforums.net forum issues...is this just me?

A

apeshitninja

Whenever I click on a forum to view or a thread within a forum, my browser (Firefox) freezes for a few seconds while it tries to load google-analytics.com, pointrol.com, or any other of the advertisement servers which are embedded in the forum.

It's a pain cause it causes a delay in the page loading (a few seconds, which is noticeable) otherwise I wouldn't mention it. It also freezes up Firefox, youtube vids I'm watching in other windows freeze, etc.

Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me? I realize the forum needs ads, I run a few sites with ads myself, but that doesn't seem normal.

Not trying to *****, just trying to help.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
Hmm that's odd, there are a few things you can do, first if I was you I would download a anti spy software like Spybot, and scan your computer, the other thing, since you use Firefox as I do I would download the addon for it called AdBlock Plus. That will help keep unwanted popups and adds to be loaded when you go to a web site. I would really scan your computer first. If you don't want to use Spybot then use the built-in one from M$ called Microsoft Defender.
Hope that helps!

Whenever I click on a forum to view or a thread within a forum, my browser (Firefox) freezes for a few seconds while it tries to load google-analytics.com, pointrol.com, or any other of the advertisement servers which are embedded in the forum.

It's a pain cause it causes a delay in the page loading (a few seconds, which is noticeable) otherwise I wouldn't mention it. It also freezes up Firefox, youtube vids I'm watching in other windows freeze, etc.

Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me? I realize the forum needs ads, I run a few sites with ads myself, but that doesn't seem normal.

Not trying to *****, just trying to help.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I've been using Firefox ever since I registered and have not had any issues.

I would run a good malware and adware cleaner.

Malwarebytes Anti Malware

CCleaner

Ad Aware

are excellent and free.

Last edited: