Droid2g wont root After REcent UPdate.

cr0ck1

Reaction score
Ok guys ive been on the forum for a while and said hey let me register! Well heres the problem im having..

Ok i have a droid2g and it was rooted fine using the z4root one click.. SOOO one morning i woke up and the phone did an automatic update and now i have new android version (Version 2.3.3) So i tried to teather and it said (not rooted) so i tried re rooting, Pulling the battery tying again, and all of the things you need to do.. I even Whiped the phone to origionl state and reinstalled all applications and tried again and it wont do it..

Basically what happens is the z4root will start, aquire webshell then just shut down. WHen i go to reopen it, it says it quit unexpectedly. i do the re boot and so on and pull the battery and it just gets to that point and quits. I have super user installed and everything right.. ITs just something will not let it happen.

BTW when i whiped the phone clean and did a full restart it started with the same dam software that screwed my droid up to begin with..

Now i down loaded the root checker and this is the errors i get..

-Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 2.3.6.3 is installed!

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su:
-rwxr-xr-x root shell 26264 2011-08-10 19:25 su

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su:

/system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

Alternate su binary location:
/sbin/su: Permission denied

Alternate su type binary location:
/system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory

SU binary not found or not operating properly

Results provided on your DROID2 GLOBAL device by Root Checker version 3.7 from joeykrim in the Android Market - [url]http://goo.gl/GgWae[/URL]

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireles

I went to the super user program and it said that i needed to reboot and update the su binary by flashing it.. Ok im good but not that good. I try to get the android into safe mode and it gets stuck.. Sooooo.. What can i do?

I really need help.. I use my computer in the woods when im up at camp and have to do html and stuff its hard doing it on the droid phone due to it being so small.. Can anyone please help me!!?

Thanks Ahead
Carl.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Z4 root won't work on GB but the D3 one click works great just may take a couple of tries to root. I did that method this morning only took 2 tries and 5 min total

Sent from my Boeing sponsored rooted Gingerbread D2G

OP
C

cr0ck1

Reaction score
im using a mac.. Do you have the link to the d3 one click.?

Kimo91

Reaction score
Go to the D3 forum here to get the link for the Mac download

OP
C

cr0ck1

Reaction score
Go to the D3 forum here to get the link for the Mac download

Ive tried that.. cant get the dam file to work.. It says

"You must extract the entire contents of the zip file and then run this script! from the directory where the zip was extracted."

No idea.. Is there anyone on here who has done this with a mac?

OP
C

cr0ck1

Reaction score
any "mac users" who have done this please help me?

Graymayre

Reaction score
No Mac users have done it. Sorry. Your only option right now is to find a Windows computer to do the one-click method. It is really easy, but it requires Windows.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Asphyx

Reaction score
There are versions for Nix computers if I'm not mistaken. And I'll bet there is a Mac version by now as well.

Graymayre

Reaction score
I do hope so, though everyone has only gone so far with Windows, and much due to the availability of company developed software made to run on XP. If there is anything on Mac, its probably going to be very limited, but if you can at least root it then I want to know.

OP
C

cr0ck1

Reaction score
Ok i went ot my bros pc and got it to finally say my phone is rooted.. did all the reboots and so on.. Ok now what? The wireless teather program still says its not rooted??

kpmurphy

Reaction score
I am in the exact same boat as the guy above. It says I am rooted but Barnacle and Titanium Backup say I am not when I try to use them. I have run it multiple times and still no go. Anyone got this figured out?

OP
C

cr0ck1

Reaction score
So this whole website.. everone is rooted.. and noone can even help.. thanks.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Try, try again. Sometimes it doesn't always work the first time.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Also, make sure you have the Superuser app and that it is allowing root access to your apps.