Droid2 official gb release 8/31 11:59pm

element192

Reaction score
So does this not work for the D2 Global? My sister has that phone and is waiting for the update, it's currently saying that her phone is up-to-date. If it's considered different, any idea when the Global gets the update? Thanks in advance.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Rooted, restored all bloatware except for the LiveWallpapers.apk and LiveWallpaperPicker.apk. Can't get those back in my wallpaper options despite having them placed back into the system/app folder.

Trying to run the OTA and fails, and I suspect it's because I took out the live wallpapers and can't put them back in. Guess I'll have to run a contacts/SMS backup, look up how to SBF (never done it before so it'll be interesting), and then try again.

I still have the Droid 3 root one-click thanks to my friends who just bought Droid 3s (the bums), so I'll be running that after I can get this update.

One question I do have is if this resolves an issue I kept running into with Twitter names overriding local contact names, as well as some Twitter integration problems I've been having. Any idea?

Monshroud

Reaction score
Will the offical GB be available for R2D2?

I just tried pulling from Verizion and got the "Your device is up to date" Is this going to be available for the R2D2 phones? I've been quite patient and I would finally like to have 2.3 on my phone... Without having to root it first of course.

phoenixus

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed this little bug when using the multi-touch keyboard?

If you hold the period key to bring up the pop up menu (for a ? or , ect), you basically have to drag your finger to the VERY bottom of the phone for it to think you are trying to access the bottom row. If you try to move you finger actually above the key, it always stays on the top row. Anyway to fix that?

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
does anyone have issues with droid overclock app from jrummy16? everytime i try to open the app it freezes and reboots, ive wiped data for the app ive uninstalled and reinstalled it... ive also tried fixing permissions and nothings worked

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
BTW, Don't apply Jake's mods to the new GB OTA + CM7 yet...it may be causing boot loops...

tetris

Reaction score
does anyone have issues with droid overclock app from jrummy16? everytime i try to open the app it freezes and reboots, ive wiped data for the app ive uninstalled and reinstalled it... ive also tried fixing permissions and nothings worked

Yes, same problem happens with me. It appears it does not work yet with this OTA update. I started from a stock SBF, then updated to Gingerbread, by the way.

tetris

Reaction score
i read on droidlife that if you have rooted your phone or removed any of the verizon bloatware it wont allow you to receive the gingerbread ota update, i just unrooted my phone and sbf'd it and the minute it rebooted the update was available

This is not true. It will allow you to receive it, but you can't install it properly. The install failed until I flashed back to bone STOCK Froyo, and then installed the Gingerbread update.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
Yes, same problem happens with me. It appears it does not work yet with this OTA update. I started from a stock SBF, then updated to Gingerbread, by the way.
same start process here, im glad im not the only one having issues

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
BTW, Don't apply Jake's mods to the new GB OTA + CM7 yet...it may be causing boot loops...

I can tell you it absolutely DOES, not even at the boot animiation. I got stuck at the Moto Logo. Had to SBF couldn't even get to recovery.

louy99

Reaction score
Nothing amazing about this imo. Im going back to cyanogenmod. Much faster and better than this. This OTA GB is better than stock froyo for those non-rooting owners.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums