Droid1 Battery

Bsaliba

Reaction score
Heyy, why is the battery on the droid 1 not last as long as any other phones?
I have to charge my battery the entire night then at 5 I need to charge it again.
Is there any way I could make it last longer?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might want to check your installed applications, some are known battery hogs...Task Killers are one of the main culprits

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heyy, why is the battery on the droid 1 not last as long as any other phones?
I have to charge my battery the entire night then at 5 I need to charge it again.

Probably not. I don't fight it, I have two extra batteries, a wall charger and a charger on my cradle. I never sweat the battery.

The truth is these things suck up a lot of battery. Most smart phones with a display do.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I invested in a 2800Mah extended battery for my Droid, it is one of the best purchases I have made for it :wink:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
As stated above, analyze your usage and tackle the items that are chewing through your battery. It's also possible that your battery is the problem. See if a new battery makes any difference if you don't get anywhere with the first suggestion. You might want to look at other battery life threads for other ideas on reducing consumption. The screen, for example, is also typically a battery hog.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually it makes it easier to handle and acts as a "kick-stand" but yes some would say it is bulky...I like it though :wink:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It depends on how you look at it...I have "screen on" times of over eight hours in a day...on the web and such and my phone lasts well into the night, before the extended battery with my usage I would be charging it by noon