DROID X2 vs BIONIC

ironick7

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a Bionic since it was announced in Jan. But recently I'm torn between it and the X2. Most of my data usage is in areas with wifi, so I'm not sure its worth spending money on 4G. Been holding off on my upgrade since Dec and my contract ended last month. I have a D1 now and love it. I can't imagin how much better a faster device will be. I would like to hear some thoughts about what others think or are planning to do.
Also, I'm interested in some opinions of users who were formerly on 3G and are now on 4G. It it a noticable difference? Is it worth the lesser battery life and larger bill?

Darth_Imperius

Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing as you, I'm tore between the X2 and BIONIC. I would love to get the BIONIC since 4G comes to my state later this year, but since there is no release date so far. The X2 is looking more and more attractive.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was 100% for the Bionic when I saw it at E3, was in love really. Loved the new form, 4g is in my town strangely enough and I just loved the way it looked.

But it's just so unclear now what's going to be released, it's impossible to make a decision.

They've really made it difficult for us to choose.

I will say one thing, I don't like the hump on the DX/DX2, it shouldn't be there and is the result of poor design. The physical buttons are also a poor choice considering the OG buttons worked very well for a first time smart phone, they could have easily kept on improving the tech and it could have been implemented into the DX1/2 and would have resulted in a much nicer phone.

If we actually had news on the Bionic, I would say Bionic all the way, but who knows if we'll ever actually see it available as we saw it.

OP
I

ironick7

Reaction score
Rumor is that the bionic will have the same design shape as the X/X2

OP
I

ironick7

Reaction score
It has supposedly been redesigned since the model that was displayed at CES

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Been thinking the same thing but the lack of a forward facing camera on the x2 killed it for me and the bionic is taking too damn long it's going to be behind when it is finally released i've been looking at other providers lately and they seem to have much better devices than verizon been really liking the evo 3d

evo 3d specs
1.2 GHz dual-core processor, Adreno 220 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8660 chipset
2.3 gingerbread
1 gb ram
1 gb rom
expandable to a 32 gb sdcard
front facing camera and two on the back for 3d images
3d screen that doesn't require glasses
1080p 2d video and 720p 3d camera

There's just nothing there that doesn't say why i shouldn't switch to sprint for that device o and its expected to be released next month the bionic still mia

and htc devices have been much more open then motorola so in my opinion unless something else is coming out soon for verizon i think i may be going to sprint

kruxz

Reaction score
Idk i still think the original and the HTC's are the best