About to hit the android scene but have a dilemma.

vin1794

Reaction score
Well im up for a verizon upgrade for the next few months and im about to make the leap into the smartphone category as I currently have a Kin Twom. I'm at a bit of an impasse though deciding between phones and the 4G/3G debate. I would LOVE to get a 4G device just so I have one and im ready for when 4G comes to my area whenever that may be.

The Bionic impressed me buts Its a bit out of my price range. I eliminated the Thunderbolt due to the issues with texting and what not. So it comes down to a few phones that I would love some opinions on.

First question is: Do i go ahead and spring on 4G for the future when it does come to my area whenever that may be.
Second is phone wise: 4G: is the Bionic worth the price? or go with something like the Charge? Or 3G wise go with the Incredible 2 vs. X2 if 4G isn't worth it.

My first post here and hoping to stick around when i do get my android soon whatever it may be. Opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
4G: is the Bionic worth the price?
Worth is always highly subjective, regardless of topic. No one can tell you if it's worth it to you or not -- especially if you omit your needs/wants as is typical with threads like this.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Well im up for a verizon upgrade for the next few months and im about to make the leap into the smartphone category as I currently have a Kin Twom. I'm at a bit of an impasse though deciding
First question is: Do i go ahead and spring on 4G for the future when it does come to my area whenever that may be.
Second is phone wise: 4G: is the Bionic worth the price? or go with something like the Charge? Or 3G wise go with the Incredible 2 vs. X2 if 4G isn't worth it.

OK so here goes my stab at an answer.... If you were asking the first question 10 months ago; I would have suggested you stay with 3G phones. Things have gotten much more improved with 4G and with second and third generation phones coming out; Your money (IMHO) is better spent on a 4G device. Even though you may not have 4g capabilities until later this year or the early part of next year, you are prepared for it. I do not have 4G where I live ATM either but will invest in a 4G device anyway.
On to the second question.... Weather the Bionic is "worth" the price or not is irrelevant..... Reason being is; you can bet that pretty much all smartphones are going to have high price tags from this point on. Where "worth" comes into play is your own preferences in what you need and or would like in a phone. I seriously doubt you are going to get into a new phone for less than the Bionic, at least not within the first few months of launch. I know people who have the Charge and Love it and I know people who both love and hate (parts) of the Bionic. The key to remember here is; buy something that is current (within 3 months of release) and you'll have a phone that will take you through your NE2 without too many concerns. I am still using my D1 waiting for the Prime or Vigor (or whatever they decided to name them this week). Hope this helps.

iamjoe

Reaction score
I have the bionic and it's worth every penny (thus far). it's fast, does what I need it to, and it's cool. There is always something better out there to wait for. If you end up always waiting you never have anything now.