droid x2. Modem did not power up (3)

daniellepaigex3

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a DROID x2 to replace my boyfriends current one since he dropped his in a puddle. The screen on the phone I might buy says Modem did not power up (3) starting rsd protocol support battery is to low to flash.

Just wondering is this easily fixable ? Like can I just flash the phone.. or is it not fixable?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the droid forums... that doesn't sound good.. I don't root though, and this sounds like a rooting issue...

Hopefully someone with more knowledge about this will chime in.. :)

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Well before you can try anything you'll need a battery. I saw this message on my phone just the other day but it was because a SBF failed during mid process. The fix for me was simple. Pull the battery, leave it out for a minute and then put it back in. Hold volume up and then hold power. When the screen turns on release power but continue holding volume up until "starting RSD protocol support" appears at the top of your screen then SBF. That's all it took for me to get out of the problem but having said that there is no way to tell if the phone you are thinking about buying is just fried or if they had a similiar issue.