1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Locked up at Starting RSD Protocol support page.

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by Worthing, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Worthing

Worthing New Member

I have a Droid X2 rooted running ver 2.2.2 and was trying to update, but the update keeps failing. I read a thread stating to try to wipe the cache but I cant cause the phone just stays on the starting RSD protocol support screen and I have to do a battery pull to get it unstuck. Phone works fine otherwise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Worthing

Worthing New Member

3. Nemo Aeternamn

Nemo Aeternamn Droid X Rescue Squad Premium Member

to get the x2 in recovery... you need to press volume down only... sounds like your pressing both... up and down...
    after you press volume down + power... you'll see "fast boot" instead of "starting rsd protocol"...
    then press volume down till you see android recovery... then press volume up...
    then the android dude will pop up... then press both volume buttons at that time...
    then use volume down to navigate to wiping cache partition... then select with power....

post script: since your rooted... did you remove any system apps or change anything??? if so... the ota will work... the easiest way to upgrade... would be to sbf... and bring the phone to an "out of the box" state... but on an updated system..
  4. Worthing

Worthing New Member

Thanks for the info. Honestly dont remember if I deleted any apps the phone came with so I guess I will have to go back to factory preset. By the way please forgive my stupidity but what the hell does sbf and ota stand for?
  5. Nemo Aeternamn

Nemo Aeternamn Droid X Rescue Squad Premium Member

Haha... It's all good... We all had to learn the terms one time or another...
    Sbf= system binary file/flash... It's a nice they can save you if your unable to boot up
    Ota= over the air... It's the updated Verizon pushes to the phone

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer
Search tags for this page
android rsd protocol support
droid x2 starting rsd protocol support
motorola droid x2 starting rsd protocol support
rsd protocol

rsd protocol support

rsd protocol support droid x2
starting rsd protocol droid x2

starting rsd protocol support

starting rsd protocol support droid x2