Locked up at Starting RSD Protocol support page.

Worthing

Reaction score
I have a Droid X2 rooted running ver 2.2.2 and was trying to update, but the update keeps failing. I read a thread stating to try to wipe the cache but I cant cause the phone just stays on the starting RSD protocol support screen and I have to do a battery pull to get it unstuck. Phone works fine otherwise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to get the x2 in recovery... you need to press volume down only... sounds like your pressing both... up and down...
after you press volume down + power... you'll see "fast boot" instead of "starting rsd protocol"...
then press volume down till you see android recovery... then press volume up...
then the android dude will pop up... then press both volume buttons at that time...
then use volume down to navigate to wiping cache partition... then select with power....

post script: since your rooted... did you remove any system apps or change anything??? if so... the ota will work... the easiest way to upgrade... would be to sbf... and bring the phone to an "out of the box" state... but on an updated system..

OP
W

Worthing

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Honestly dont remember if I deleted any apps the phone came with so I guess I will have to go back to factory preset. By the way please forgive my stupidity but what the hell does sbf and ota stand for?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Haha... It's all good... We all had to learn the terms one time or another...
Sbf= system binary file/flash... It's a nice they can save you if your unable to boot up
Ota= over the air... It's the updated Verizon pushes to the phone

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer