Droid X vs. Droid Incredible

JRuck

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

this is my first post so I am hoping not to be flamed too much here, in advance I want to apologize if this was posted in the incorrect location.

I currently have the Verizon Storm II. I hate it! LOL

So, I was excited to see the Droid Incredible because a colleague of mine has the Droid. He loves his phone to no end. So, I figured Incredible was for me, however it has been on back order since like it came out. Every few days that I look it continues to go further and further into the abyss.

So I see that the Droid X is coming out in July anyways...

Being a first time Android OS user, coming from BlackBerry... would do you pro's suggest me going with. I do not care about contract or anything, so I know paying full retail price is crazy, but i am crazy according to my colleagues. lol

I just want to ensure that I make a valuable choice without wasting too much money.

hope to hear from you pro's soon... thank you so much!

cpjr

Reaction score
Droid X. Unless you like something slightly smaller. Then Incredible. But I would take Motorola over HTC, personally.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Use the search tool, it will show you quite a few threads on this topic with lots of info.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Droid X. Unless you like something slightly smaller. Then Incredible. But I would take Motorola over HTC, personally.

I'd echo this. If you want huge, go Droid X. If you want large but not quite huge, go Incredible. If you want keyboard, either go legacy Droid or wait for Droid 2 (it has not yet been announced - I anticipate it being announced after Droid X hype cools a little).

If you have any other big desires/needs, then use Titan's recommendation and search. :)

OP
J

JRuck

Reaction score
yeah I dont care about size or physical k/b either. I mean its nice but having one makes it heavier. So is the processor within the X better than the incredible? Because I read somewhere on here its 1ghz. so, if they are both 1ghz supposedly. Are we talking like the difference in just preference, such as within PC's Intel Vs AMD type of deal?

cpjr

Reaction score
^More like volkswagon vs Porsche. The incredible isnt a bad phone, its what Im using. But I am going to swap for the X.

OP
J

JRuck

Reaction score
^More like volkswagon vs Porsche. The incredible isnt a bad phone, its what Im using. But I am going to swap for the X.

LOL guess you 110% support the X then... I appreciate your reply. :reddroid::reddroid:dancedroid

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
yeah I dont care about size or physical k/b either. I mean its nice but having one makes it heavier. So is the processor within the X better than the incredible? Because I read somewhere on here its 1ghz. so, if they are both 1ghz supposedly. Are we talking like the difference in just preference, such as within PC's Intel Vs AMD type of deal?

Yeah, it's kinda like Intel vs AMD, but right now, the OMAP 1GHz is a better/faster CPU than the 1GHz Snapdragon. The standard CPU side of it may be close (but still better) but the GPU side of it is significantly better.

OP
J

JRuck

Reaction score
Sounds great to me! Droid X it is.... appreciate it everyone!

sheba611

Reaction score
Crazy soon to be ex Blackberry Storm 2 user

Hey everyone!

this is my first post so I am hoping not to be flamed too much here, in advance I want to apologize if this was posted in the incorrect location.

I currently have the Verizon Storm II. I hate it! LOL

So, I was excited to see the Droid Incredible because a colleague of mine has the Droid. He loves his phone to no end. So, I figured Incredible was for me, however it has been on back order since like it came out. Every few days that I look it continues to go further and further into the abyss.

So I see that the Droid X is coming out in July anyways...

Being a first time Android OS user, coming from BlackBerry... would do you pro's suggest me going with. I do not care about contract or anything, so I know paying full retail price is crazy, but i am crazy according to my colleagues. lol

I just want to ensure that I make a valuable choice without wasting too much money.

hope to hear from you pro's soon... thank you so much!

If you are crazy I am there right with you. I too have a Blackberry Storm 2 and I so want an Android phone because the BB is so boring! And slow! I originally ordered an Incredible which was scheduled to ship on 7/9 but I cancelled that order because I really liked what I was seeing about the Droid X and I wanted the latest and greatest Android phone on the market. I figure since I will be paying full price I better get a phone that will I like and has features that I would miss if I got a less expensive and capable phone. I am hoping the Droid X will last until Verizon gets LTE in my area and then I will upgrade to an LTE phone. With my luck that will be 2013.:icon_eek:
dancedroid

intodeep

Reaction score
Like the orginal poster i was all about the incredible, but now with the Droid X coming out i'm leaning towards getting it once i can play with one in the store.

I have a minor question that i hope someone may know the answer to.

The DI has a nice feature when web browsing if you pinched down it would focus in on the page and for the lack of a better term it seemed to auto focus that page for you. Does that make sense?

if so will the Droid X have that same feature?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid X will do that when double tapping, same as the current Droid does. The guy who already got an X over on androidforums confirmed this.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

phatkat66

Reaction score
I left a BB to a droid back in november. No matter what you pick you will LOVE IT!!!! The Droid X is a good pik, but if you guys don't have ANY droid yet I do suggest you waiting till its in stores for display. You guys might like the Droid2 that's coming out or the phones that will sure follow after.

But - if you always "wait" till the NEXT phone you'll never get one. So pick the X pic the D2 pick something that you will enjoy for at least a year. Because I feel horrible for all the incredible users that are returning before the 30days is up lol.