1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X vs. Droid Incredible

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by JRuck, Jun 28, 2010.

1. JRuck

JRuck New Member

Hey everyone!

this is my first post so I am hoping not to be flamed too much here, in advance I want to apologize if this was posted in the incorrect location.

I currently have the Verizon Storm II. I hate it! LOL

So, I was excited to see the Droid Incredible because a colleague of mine has the Droid. He loves his phone to no end. So, I figured Incredible was for me, however it has been on back order since like it came out. Every few days that I look it continues to go further and further into the abyss.

So I see that the Droid X is coming out in July anyways...

Being a first time Android OS user, coming from BlackBerry... would do you pro's suggest me going with. I do not care about contract or anything, so I know paying full retail price is crazy, but i am crazy according to my colleagues. lol

I just want to ensure that I make a valuable choice without wasting too much money.

hope to hear from you pro's soon... thank you so much!
  2. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Droid X. Unless you like something slightly smaller. Then Incredible. But I would take Motorola over HTC, personally.
  3. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Use the search tool, it will show you quite a few threads on this topic with lots of info.
  4. Jaxidian

Jaxidian Team FreeMyMoto Premium Member Developer

I'd echo this. If you want huge, go Droid X. If you want large but not quite huge, go Incredible. If you want keyboard, either go legacy Droid or wait for Droid 2 (it has not yet been announced - I anticipate it being announced after Droid X hype cools a little).

If you have any other big desires/needs, then use Titan's recommendation and search. :)
  5. jrl9851

jrl9851 New Member

OMAP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pos snapdragon

That is all.
  6. JRuck

JRuck New Member

yeah I dont care about size or physical k/b either. I mean its nice but having one makes it heavier. So is the processor within the X better than the incredible? Because I read somewhere on here its 1ghz. so, if they are both 1ghz supposedly. Are we talking like the difference in just preference, such as within PC's Intel Vs AMD type of deal?
  7. cpjr

cpjr New Member

^More like volkswagon vs Porsche. The incredible isnt a bad phone, its what Im using. But I am going to swap for the X.
  8. JRuck

JRuck New Member

LOL guess you 110% support the X then... I appreciate your reply. :reddroid::reddroid:dancedroid
  9. Jaxidian

Jaxidian Team FreeMyMoto Premium Member Developer

Yeah, it's kinda like Intel vs AMD, but right now, the OMAP 1GHz is a better/faster CPU than the 1GHz Snapdragon. The standard CPU side of it may be close (but still better) but the GPU side of it is significantly better.
  10. JRuck

JRuck New Member

Sounds great to me! Droid X it is.... appreciate it everyone!
  11. sheba611

sheba611 New Member

Crazy soon to be ex Blackberry Storm 2 user

If you are crazy I am there right with you. I too have a Blackberry Storm 2 and I so want an Android phone because the BB is so boring! And slow! I originally ordered an Incredible which was scheduled to ship on 7/9 but I cancelled that order because I really liked what I was seeing about the Droid X and I wanted the latest and greatest Android phone on the market. I figure since I will be paying full price I better get a phone that will I like and has features that I would miss if I got a less expensive and capable phone. I am hoping the Droid X will last until Verizon gets LTE in my area and then I will upgrade to an LTE phone. With my luck that will be 2013.:icon_eek:
    dancedroid
  12. intodeep

intodeep New Member

Like the orginal poster i was all about the incredible, but now with the Droid X coming out i'm leaning towards getting it once i can play with one in the store.

I have a minor question that i hope someone may know the answer to.

The DI has a nice feature when web browsing if you pinched down it would focus in on the page and for the lack of a better term it seemed to auto focus that page for you. Does that make sense?

if so will the Droid X have that same feature?
  13. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Droid X will do that when double tapping, same as the current Droid does. The guy who already got an X over on androidforums confirmed this.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  14. intodeep

intodeep New Member

thank you (gonna make this 10 letters)
  15. phatkat66

phatkat66 New Member

I left a BB to a droid back in november. No matter what you pick you will LOVE IT!!!! The Droid X is a good pik, but if you guys don't have ANY droid yet I do suggest you waiting till its in stores for display. You guys might like the Droid2 that's coming out or the phones that will sure follow after.

But - if you always "wait" till the NEXT phone you'll never get one. So pick the X pic the D2 pick something that you will enjoy for at least a year. Because I feel horrible for all the incredible users that are returning before the 30days is up lol.
  16. daxdm302

daxdm302 New Member

Droid X, HTC makes pos phones
  17. RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain New Member

You are just plain factually wrong...Sense UI is arguably (maybe even inarguably) the best UI competitor to the iPhone in existence and the build quality of HTC phones is very high, AND they make their phones comparatively easy to root which is why they have such an awesome community at forum.xda-developers.com.

Please, stop spouting incorrect garbage. HTC is a great smartphone company, overall.

...by the way, you misspelled "kernel" in your forum signature.
  18. BzB

BzB New Member

something tells me the op doesn't expect objective answers by asking this question in a sub-forum dedicated to the droid x and a forum that favors motorola products.

...but anyways, the answer to this oft asked question depends on the user's needs. the storm II actually does some things (very few) better than both of these phones. i suggest people who ask this question actually learn more about android os and the features of each phone first, then ask more focused questions. of course that requires people to do their own research and actually come up with an opinion of their own instead of being told what to choose. lol
  19. ctxx24

ctxx24 New Member

Thank you....Just so you know the inc. isnt a pos like some ppl say...prolly half of them havent even used one...from what i hear the switching screens on the x is laggy kinda like the droid is..hope not or i wont be keeping it---thats what i hated about the droid----the inc is smooth as silk
  20. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Like he would get objective answers asking this in the Inc. sub forum.....

Cmon ppl lets keep it real

And it depends what u want a phone for; smooth homescreen scrolling or having a signal in a bad reception area.

A guy got an X, and said it gets better reception where his Inc. didnt. I will take that over smooth scrolling any day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

droid incredible or droid incredible 2 which came first