Droid X vs. Droid 2

nickv

Reaction score
So for those of you that have had experience with both phones which did you prefer and why?

Im wondering because I dont know which one to get and im wondering if the Droid X is worth the extra money or not.

Thanks Guys

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No Keyboard.....X FTW!

OP
N

nickv

Reaction score
Is no keyboard the main difference besides the amount of memory and screen size?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
X is too big for me. If im watching a movie or playing a game, that's what I've got my nook color for.

cpjr

Reaction score
I mainly boils down to if you want a physical keyboard or not.....and if you want the bigger screen. I myself love the X over the D2.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I have a Droid X, my wife has the Droid 2...after playing with both, I can say without a doubt, if the keyboard is a must, go with the D2, if you can live without it, then by all means get the X! The internals are the same, only the screen real estate and hardware keyboard distinguish the 2...

MrKleen

Reaction score
I first got the D2 then gave that to my wife and got the X. I never used the keyboard on my D1 or D2. But the one thing that in my opinion makes the X superior is the size of the screen. You will get used to and spoiled by the X screen FAST!

When I pick up my wifes phone its shocking how tiny it is... lol.

But honestly this late in the game I would get the HTC Thunderbolt!

MrKleen

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the Droid R2D2 and saved 50 bucks

No Way! If you ever let anyone see that thing you will never get lucky again.... LOL

Enjoy!

true but a $10 sticker and he has a white and chrome phone = baller :)
GrafiXpressions - Express yourself in vinyl form!...

LOL, It's funny that you can take a star wars phone and turn it into a "baller" phone! Based on your theory he may get lucky again someday!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I wish I had gotten the r2d2 instead because there's more support for d2's (and I love star wars) but I love my d2g anyways. I have to have the keyboard because touch keyboards don't like me much and it also fits comfortably in a pocket compared to the brick of a X.

True we have some options now with the romer for converting d2 roms but its not the same.

Sent from my Liberated D2G