Droid X to Droid X2

edwards2243

Reaction score
I'm considering getting a DX2 since my DX is currently on it's last leg and my upgrade isn't until this summer. How does everybody like their DX2 compared to the other similar phones out there? Would anybody recommend I steer clear of the DX2 or is it a no brainer?

bionic805er

Reaction score
Droidx2 is a really a good dual core phone..better and faster than the x

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Hiker5208

Reaction score
I'm considering getting a DX2 since my DX is currently on it's last leg and my upgrade isn't until this summer. How does everybody like their DX2 compared to the other similar phones out there? Would anybody recommend I steer clear of the DX2 or is it a no brainer?

I moved from an X to a X2 due to issues with my Droid X after an update. Went through 4 of them over two weeks. The X2 was a lot more solid phone and worked really well for me. I have it up for sale elsewhere because I was able to update to a Bionic for which I plan to buy a lapdock soon. The reason for sale has nothing to do with useability, just the lapdock availability. I would recommend it very highly.

robert70

Reaction score
I love my x2 it does everything I ask it to, and does it quickly, I don't root or strap or mod or anything, but I do play alot of games and put movies on it and watch Netflix its an awesome phone for the price.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If your looking for a temporary solution to you DX dying, might I suggest buying a Used DX for cheap? It will cost you less in the long run and you will save more money for when you use your upgrade later.

My DX is about 13months old and works better than the day I bought it as it is rooted with a Gingerbread custom rom.

Personally the minimal improvement of a Dual core Tegra 2 processor and a qHD display were not enough to warrant an upgrade.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
E

edwards2243

Reaction score
If your looking for a temporary solution to you DX dying, might I suggest buying a Used DX for cheap? It will cost you less in the long run and you will save more money for when you use your upgrade later.

My DX is about 13months old and works better than the day I bought it as it is rooted with a Gingerbread custom rom.

Personally the minimal improvement of a Dual core Tegra 2 processor and a qHD display were not enough to warrant an upgrade.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well put, that was really what I was thinking. I was able to find an X2 on craigslist for 130, which is the only reason I'm considering it. Otherwise, I'd probably drop 100 on an X.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Love my X2. Dual core is nice. And I like the 2.3.4 android build. Hopefully we see at least one more update but this phones pretty solid with little to no issues at all since recent update.

sent from Michael Joseph William Hines

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Well put, that was really what I was thinking. I was able to find an X2 on craigslist for 130, which is the only reason I'm considering it. Otherwise, I'd probably drop 100 on an X.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Did you see your PM from me?

Power

Reaction score
I just ordered a new X2 to replace my X. I still like the X and not that excited about dropping $200-$300 for the latest and greatest. Verizon is selling the X2 for $50 right now, so I decided it was worth the money. If nothing else I'm getting another cable and battery that should work for both, plus now my wife and kids can play with the old X as much as they like without buying another data plan. Win-win.