Droid X screen flashing

Valerie

Reaction score
When my phone is on the home screen, it is flashing from screen to black about every second. I can't select anything...it's like it keeps reloading the home screen. I took the battery out and that didn't help.

Right before it started doing that, I uninstalled Handcent and the font packs, and unchecked the box that said to allow download apps from third partys. I had to check that box last night to download Pandahome. Is it possible that since I unchecked it, it doesn't want to let Pandahome run and keeps trying to run it? I didn't thing that would affect apps that were already downloaded.

Can anyone help??

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No, once an app is downloaded to your device, its there and the phone won't discriminate on what can and cannot be ran like that. I would most likely recommend a factory data reset first. If that doesn't stop it, I'd take it to Verizon. How long have you had it?

When my phone is on the home screen, it is flashing from screen to black about every second. I can't select anything...it's like it keeps reloading the home screen. I took the battery out and that didn't help.

Right before it started doing that, I uninstalled Handcent and the font packs, and unchecked the box that said to allow download apps from third partys. I had to check that box last night to download Pandahome. Is it possible that since I unchecked it, it doesn't want to let Pandahome run and keeps trying to run it? I didn't thing that would affect apps that were already downloaded.

Can anyone help??

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Take it back to Verizon with the screen flashing. If less than 30 days, its DOA and they will give you a NEW one to replace it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
V

Valerie

Reaction score
I broke down and took it over to my IT department (its a company phone) and they said it was Pandahome that was making my phone "flake out". Wouldn't tell me how the got it to stop flashing and chastised me for downloading it...I had researched it and thought it was OK....frustrating.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hahahappy

Reaction score
I solved the flashing black screen

Well, good news and bad news...

Yes, it was Panda... I ran an update today and it must have downloaded something it didn't like.

No, you did not have to wipe out the phone. I noticed that the swipe down bar was still active. I swiped down and selected the kill apps.

Solution: Uninstall from the Task Cleaner which is still active with swipe down.

Hope this saves a lot of users from doing a factory reset.