"Complete action using" Default Question

MontyMo

Reaction score
I have been trying home screen alternatives. Because I have more than one Home Screen installed, when I press the "Home" button a screen is displayed presenting me with the choice of home screens. On the bottom of the screen a a check box, "Use by default for this action" I normally leave this unchecked so I can switch between home screens.

Yesterday I mistakenly selected the "Use by Default" check box. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Home Screen App to get the choice back.

My question is, did I need to uninstall the app to get the "Complete action using" window back? Is there a setting in the "Settings" that resets this option?

Thanks
Monty

homescreen.jpg

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Instead of uninstalling you could go to Menu/Settings/Applications then select the Home you have defaulted, and click "Clear defaults".

Better suggestion, go to the Market and get the free program called "Home Switcher". You'll love it.

OP
MontyMo

MontyMo

Reaction score
Thanks for the QUICK reply. That is exactly what I was looking for.
Home switcher is being installed NOW!

Monty

Instead of uninstalling you could go to Menu/Settings/Applications then select the Home you have defaulted, and click "Clear defaults".

Better suggestion, go to the Market and get the free program called "Home Switcher". You'll love it.

BattleTroll

Reaction score
I am having a similiar problem with Google Drive, don't know how I did it but now I cannot change the default Complete action using and nothing I try seems to change it.

Menu/Settings/Applications then select the Drive, and click "Clear defaults" did not work ( the clear defaults box is dim) I tried clearing the cache and even removed and reinstalled the app.

The current selection makes this app unusable to me and it is driving me nuts!!

Droid 4, ICS
Stock Verizon unrooted.