Droid X running slow

martin9752

Reaction score
Hey all,
my dx has been pretty laggy over the last week. I am using launcher pro plus w weather widget. Also have look out security and advanced task killer. Please let me know if you have some suggestions.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

IntuitreZults

Reaction score
Hello,

Same exact problem here. Have launcher pro (free version) with fancy widget..Phone reboots when plugged in to pc but not regular plug. Whenever I NEED to actually use it, it chokes. Also, i am missing the icon for some apps on my homescreen.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Try this:

Download from the market: CPUMonitor & Watchdog Lite (both are free)

CPUMonitor will let you know what your CPU load is via a little notification icon.
Watchdog will alert you as to specifically with app is hogging you CPU processes and allow you to terminate that process.

As far as missing icons on the homwscreen, I've found that on my DX the apps that I have stored onto my SDcard tend to disappear or the icon is changed to the default Android app icon. Try one of the disappearing apps first, move it to you phones memory and see if it remains on homescreen after a few reboots.

Hope that help you both.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try not running any anti virus or taskiller apps. Are you rooted, have any bloatware frozen or deleted? Any ROM's installed? How are you set up?

@ second post. Mine does the same after the update (.340). Some people are having the same issue. Also, some have resolved it by updating their Motorola drivers. I did so but it did not help.
aefd436c-0c8d-2f74.jpg

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

IntuitreZults

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. Your right, the apps that have the default Android icon are stored on the phones SD card.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
And I agree with chkmate, just go ahead an uninstall the task killers. Android systems have their own task management setup. Taskkillers will kill things that the system will relaunch. So there will be a tug of war and you battery life gets the worse end of it.

sephtin

Reaction score
Hey all,
my dx has been pretty laggy over the last week. I am using launcher pro plus w weather widget. Also have look out security and advanced task killer. Please let me know if you have some suggestions.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Task Killers:
FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android (geekfor.me) - xda-developers

Task killers are COMPLETELY unnecessary on Android...

Only other question I have.. is there anything specific that's laggy? Is it just overall sluggish, or are there certain tasks that are bogging down more than others?

vatechguy3

Reaction score
same problem here

just trying to type a txt message, the keys don't lite up and then all of a sudden the sentence appears and then it freezes again!

same problem when using the browser.

phone is totally stock.

suggestions?

thanks
tony