Droid X Rebooting

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Ralffers, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Ralffers

Ralffers New Member

My droid X has rebooted on it's own 3 times now... It pretty much started not too long after I got the phone; the 2nd time that it rebooted it froze on startup. Today was the 3rd time - my phone rang once, I thought that was odd, & when I started walking to it, I noticed the droid red eye startup screen. These reboots are totally random; it doesn't happen in a particular application. Has this been happening to anyone else?

I went to VZW earlier this week to have the phone replaced, but they said it could be an app & did a factory restore & said that if it happens again to come in.

Edited to add: Apologies to the mods - it just dawned on me that this post belonhgs in the tech/bug forum.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  2. Ralffers

Ralffers New Member

bumping this thread; my phone just rebooted again on its own - I really need to know if this is happening to anyone else, thus it's a software issue - or if I should exchange the phone because is defective (hardware). Thanks.
  3. zuezlll

zuezlll New Member

this is happening to me also. i've had the phone for 2 weeks maybe and its restarted 4 times in last 2 days
  4. IanG

IanG New Member

Well, did it happen again?

If so, I'd probably just do as they say and go back in.

You could always try pulling the battery for a few minutes too. If that doesn't fix it, remember one key point: one year manufacturers warranty against manufacturing defects. Use it!
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
Search tags for this page

droid x rebooting on its own