Fixed rebooting/restarting problem

mynameiserich

Reaction score
So when I first recieved by droid it was restarting randomly on me, and sometimes just turning itself off. I ended up speaking with a Verizon rep for some time and they ended up sending me a replacement phone. I took the battery, door, and sd card and put them in the new phone and sent back the other one.
After a few hours of having my new phone it of course started to reboot again. I started to follow the pattery and it ONLY happened after I browsed through my gallery for awhile, then exited it, it would then reboot....everytime.
So I formatted the sd card, did a hard reset, and everything is now PERFECT. Everything runs smoother, and better as well. I hope if anyone is having this same problem they try this!!!! Pain to reset everything up but well worth it.

coolkidd

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.... Hard Reset is always the last thing to do if all else fails. Good thing VZ was helpful and did not give you any problems regarding replacing your phone.

crosstx

Reaction score
i need to do this
how do you format and how do you master reset?
thanks for info

joekinde

Reaction score
I have a similar problem too. Every time that I use the gallery, the phone restarts after I close the app. Restarts are not a problem for any other app, including Music. I'm a bit nervous about doing a hard reset, since I'm not sure what settings that I will lose.

OP
M

mynameiserich

Reaction score
I have a similar problem too. Every time that I use the gallery, the phone restarts after I close the app. Restarts are not a problem for any other app, including Music. I'm a bit nervous about doing a hard reset, since I'm not sure what settings that I will lose.

I think what really fixed this for me was reformatting the SD card (not just deleteing everything off of it - but reformatting it - you can do this right on the phone.). I did a hard reset and it did not fix the problem. Back up any images or music, then reformat it and it should work.