DROID X Problems? Please help! D:

KSR

Reaction score
Well I deleted all the contents of my memory card to clear it up a little, and instead of deleting all my pictures and music (they're gone when you plug the phone into the computer) but it shows the name and artist of all the songs I have and keeps skipping through them? Like the song is there, but it's not at the same time and it's confusing. And with pictures; I go to gallery and it shows all my folders I had but the pictures are all just little gear pictures. >.<

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score
I don't wanna have to do a Factory Reset because of this. D':

str0ntium

Reaction score
Did you try clearing cache from the recovery menu? Also try clearing data/cache from the apps in app manager?

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score
Can you tell me how to clear the cache? I don't exactly know how to do that.

str0ntium

Reaction score
Can you tell me how to clear the cache? I don't exactly know how to do that.

Hold the home button and power button down to boot the phone when it's off. Let go of power key when m logo appears. When droid with exclamation point is there let go of home and hit search key. Use the Volume up/down to select wipe cache. Then use camera button to execute it.

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score
Okay, I went to "clear cache partition" and then it said the cache is cleared, and I went to "reboot" but it didn't work. All the music titles are there and I try to play one but the songs constantly change to the next and the next and the next. And the picture folders are there and says "23 items" (as an example) but its only 23 little gear pictures. :(

MrKleen

Reaction score
Doing a factory reset isn't going to fix the fact that you deleted the contents of your sd card.

If you have deleted all your music just put it back on again. It also sounds like you deleted your pictures but not the thumbnails.

You have to be careful what you delete.

cubano1027

Reaction score
Go to the app itself (gallery and music) and clear the cache. If not, uninstall the apps and reinstall them

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score
Well I already tried to uninstall and reinstall "TuneWiki", which is the music player of my choice, but the music still does it. How do I clear the cache from a specific app like "Galery"?

cubano1027

Reaction score
Go to settings/applications/manage and go to all and scroll down to gallery.
Open it and clear it from there.

Edit: I would do it with the"Music" app too

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score
No, even going to manage and clearing it doesn't help any. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: And a Factory Reset won't fix this? Kinda as a last-resort? Or what about pulling the battery?

cubano1027

Reaction score
No, even going to manage and clearing it doesn't help any. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: And a Factory Reset won't fix this? Kinda as a last-resort? Or what about pulling the battery?

Only other thing I can think of is uninstalling the two apps (music and gallery)and reinstalling them. Are you rooted? Are you on Verizon? If your on Verizon and rooted then just factory reset and use Z4 to re-root. If you want to save your apps just do apps2sd and back them up before you wipe.

cubano1027

Reaction score
I do have Verizon but I am not rooted. >.<

You don't have to be rooted to factory reset. I was just stating that u can re-root it with z4root