barski

Reaction score
See the update 2.5ghz on droid 2. :icon_eek:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
They phones aren't stable at those speeds. Getting a number and getting a useable phone are two different things. They are so slow and choppy is probably because the CPU is getting errors in its execution and having to re-execute stuff.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more! Though its nice to finally see these "impossible to overclock" phones being overclocked! :dancedroid:

They phones aren't stable at those speeds. Getting a number and getting a useable phone are two different things. They are so slow and choppy is probably because the CPU is getting errors in its execution and having to re-execute stuff.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

vmspionage

Reaction score
That 2.5 screenshot looks super sketchy. I haven't looked into the D2 but the PLL in the D1 maxes out at 1.8Ghz.

DropC

Reaction score
What speed is it safe to clock the X to? Ya know, without having to worry about something bad happening.

vmspionage

Reaction score
What speed is it safe to clock the X to? Ya know, without having to worry about something bad happening.
No overclock is guaranteed to be safe. Most likely nothing bad would happen with a 20% OC, but who knows... let's say 80% of the processors start dying 2 years down the road... yours may only make it 1 year out. But then again they could last 10 years on average and yours would only make it 9. In the computing world I've had some overclocked processors last 5 years or more and others died after a year or two. Just push it as far as you can and roll the bones :)

DropC

Reaction score
Hmm, so, would clocking the processor at a constant 1 ghz be ok, theoretically? Like, have the minimum and maximum set at 1?

vmspionage

Reaction score
Hmm, so, would clocking the processor at a constant 1 ghz be ok, theoretically? Like, have the minimum and maximum set at 1?
Nothing lasts forever, but the engineers clocked the processor the way they did in order to prolong its life. Theoretically underclocking and undervolting would extend it even farther, which is why its good to have a kernel that will automatically scale the speed and voltage according to demand.

KrubKrum

Reaction score
My DInc is better at 1ghz. :b

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
My DInc is better at 1ghz. :b

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

now lets not get carried away...lol :D

I'm looking forward to see some custom roms that are stable at 2 ghz.