1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X Overclocking

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by ALorenzo91, Dec 16, 2010.

1. ALorenzo91

ALorenzo91 New Member

What is the average temperature of the droid x processor while it's running at stock settings? Also what is it safe to be at before worrying about overheating while its overclocked? Last question is, is it really worth it to overclock at all?
  2. scarmack

scarmack New Member

i dont overclock at all and im very happy with the way my phone runs. Using the new Dark Slide 4.1
  3. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Overclocking can make a WORLD of difference in your device! Temperature will depend on voltage, usage, and speed. If I see my phone go over 107°F, I back off...though they can handle much higher. Look for Abe21599 and click on the overclocking 101 link in his signature.
    Edit: sorry, forgot that I had the link too!! http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

DroidForums junkie!!
  4. ALorenzo91

ALorenzo91 New Member

Thanks for the link this helped a lot and now I feel confident in going a head and overclocking.
Search tags for this page

safe droid x overclock specs