DROID X NOOB - Music loading question

pmkringiv

Reaction score
Ok I have always used Blackberry and iPhone until one day I stumbled onto this thing called X. SOLD I 'll take 2 and all of a sudden I started talking like the "P90X" guy. Well my iPhone was my iTune/iPod andI would like for my Droid X to do the same I can not seem to figure out to load and use my music. I know its supposed to be pretty simple well apparantly it is so simple it has fooled me. Please help

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Plug your phone into your computer using the supplied USB cord. Once it's plugged in, pull down the notification menu on your Droid and find where it says "USB Connected...manage your..." or something like that. After clicking that, find the option that says "USB Mass Storage" and select it.

Once that's done, open your mounted memory card and move your music to the following folder:
Code:
/sdcard/dcim/Music/

OP
P

pmkringiv

Reaction score
We Shall See

THe Layout is a little different than what you described I actually had to create the "Muzik" folder on the card but its loading now I think we shall see thanks for the replydancedroid

Chawpz

Reaction score

I like this, however it is constantly "Scanning iTunes" Now, I have a lot of music and podcasts...like, A LOT, haha. However, I let it run for 24 hours and came back from work and it had closed itself. I start it back up and it only got through the "F's" by Artist. When to use it and it started scanning iTunes again with a progress at 0% :(.

EDIT: Also, after creating the 'Music' folder as listed above, do you create separate folders for each artist or just throw all the music files into that one folder? Thx!

pcaddict66

Reaction score
Why?

Simply turn on wifi (assuming you have a router) and use the awesome and easy DLNA app that came preinstalled.

It beats having to plug it in. No drivers needed and no need to sync with any lame program on the computer. It is one of the X's best features unlike that lame iphone which requires you to sync the phone to the horrible itunes program with a cord (don't even think about doing it via wifi without hacking os4)

Droid rules.

Last edited:

fwaggle

Reaction score
There's also iTunesAgent, which I've used to pretty good success. Maintain a playlist in your iTunes, and when you plug your droid in it syncs all the music up.