Using Droid X with car radio interface

bd08037

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Droid X will work with the car radio interface? My iPod works with the USB hookup in the car through the radio, but when I hook up with Droid X with the usb in the car, I can not get any music. (there is music on the phone....)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm guessing no bluetooth?

mindwerks

Reaction score
From what I understand (I haven't gotten my droid x yet) there is no audio via USB on droid X. You will need to run a the 3.5 mm jack from the audio to an AUX line in on your radio, have a Blue tooth audio streaming capable head unit or a FM transmitter to get the music from the droid to play through your car stereo.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From what I understand (I haven't gotten my droid x yet) there is no audio via USB on droid X. You will need to run a the 3.5 mm jack from the audio to an AUX line in on your radio, have a Blue tooth audio streaming capable head unit or a FM transmitter to get the music from the droid to play through your car stereo.

I would listen to this guy :)

OP
B

bd08037

Reaction score
..yes I have bluetooth...I just saw that I can play a playlist via voice command...BUT will this play via bluetooth (bad sound quality) or a descent sound via the radio....

...the problem with the 3.5 mm jack is there will be no controls to the music player....(I know....picky but the iPod does it.....might have to switch to iPhone since this could be a show stopper.....!?!?!?!?)

FireDroid

Reaction score
Can't get anything other than phone over BT using Sync in my ford. Hopefully this is fixed as the D1 can do it mo problem!