Sync with itunes for music

alboboy10

Reaction score
I know there may be threads about this, but I'm just curious as to what people use to sync their music on their x with itunes. I found double twist and tunesync which apparently are both good. One is free but the other can sync wirelessly. I wanna be able to sync my droid x as easy as ipod for music. No dragging music and stuff.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I know there may be threads about this, but I'm just curious as to what people use to sync their music on their x with itunes. I found double twist and tunesync which apparently are both good. One is free but the other can sync wirelessly. I wanna be able to sync my droid x as easy as ipod for music. No dragging music and stuff.

Search is your friend.

iSyncr is great, very easy to use and it rips directly from your iTunes playlists. worth the $3.99

TheSurgical

Reaction score
I use TuneSync and it works great. I like it because I don't have to connect my phone via USB cable. It allowes you to select what playlist you want to synce. I think it's worth the money.

snotnosedpunk

Reaction score
Doubletwist downfall

I've been trying to find a solution for moving my itunes to my android phone. It would be way to easy for apple to just make an app available, but I won't be holding my breath. In the meantime I've been using doubletwist. The main problem is that it doesn't seem to be a full sync. Ever since I started using itunes I have been diligent when importing music to rate it and create overlapping smart playlists to constantly cycle my library based on ratings, skip counts, and when it was last played. My problem with doubletwist is that when I play something on my android phone it doesn't count it as being played therefore when I sync it again with itunes the information is not transferred and the playlists are not updated. Does anyone know if isyncr will record that a song has been played and communicate it to itunes?

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
started off using doubletwist. had no problems. then found iSyncr Lite and found it to be even easier than DoubleTwist, so I uninstalled DoubleTwist and stuck with iSyncr Lite. then just the other day someone mentioned TuneSync Lite and the fact that it syncs wirelessly through wifi makes it a no-brainer.

amazing how every day I found a new app to do the work of the last app, easier.

Reaction score

Search is your friend.

iSyncr is great, very easy to use and it rips directly from your iTunes playlists. worth the $3.99

yes,just use search section!

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
I know search is easy I was just curious what some members here had to say. I might get isyncr, the wireless synching sounds good.

jiggyb21

Reaction score
Any of these programs let you check off songs to sync while leaving others in your library? That's the problem I have. I have TONS of music in my iTunes library and I don't want to get rid of them. But Doubletwist, for example, syncs the entire library, not what you have checked obviously, it's a different program. Any way around this? Is the answer playlists? If so, how exactly? Thanks in advance.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
I downloaded isyncr, and also got the wifi add on. But I don't know how to use the wifi add on. I am using a computer to connect to my DX, and I use ethernet connection for the computer not wireless. I do have wireless though since I have a laptop as well. But idk how to connect my droid and my computer so I can sync music wirelessly.

randyb69

Reaction score
By far the best program is THE MISSING SYNC FOR ANDROID. It allows full sync, selection of playlist from itunes and after initial sync, it will do a smart sync which syncs newly added songs or adjusted playlist. It does cost money, but with a little search you can find ways to get it free. :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Does isyncr have smart sync, will it add only new songs in the future or will it sync everything everytime

randyb69

Reaction score
Please don't hold me to it, but I have used isyncr and a few other programs and I don't believe any of them had smart sync. That's why I went out and dowloaded the missing sync for android, works awesome and can even sync wirelessly. Although, your initial sync should always be done by cable, otherwise your device could be extinct by the time it finishes.

Jumpy

Reaction score
Sync music bought on iTunes

I'd like to figure out how to sync the music I bought on iTunes with its crazy file extensions (not the standard mp3). I bought iSyncr with the WiFi add-in...both great, but I can only sync the music I uploaded from my CDs.

Laramie

Reaction score

I'd like to figure out how to sync the music I bought on iTunes with its crazy file extensions (not the standard mp3). I bought iSyncr with the WiFi add-in...both great, but I can only sync the music I uploaded from my CDs.

iTunes has 2 standard purchased formats. If you go to "View Options" in iTunes and check "Kind" as an option, you can view the file type in your library.

Older purchased stuff is called "Protected AAC". This CANNOT be transfered. Stuff after a certain date, late 2007 I think, but not sure, is called "Purchased AAC". This can be transfered.

Alternatively, you can for the same price, get regular mp3s from Amazon. And they will play on anything.