Droid X, Mobile ME & iMac

DroidNovice

Reaction score
OK. Novice here. so, Droid will sync w/my iMac. right? Will it sync w/Mobile Me? PS I think I likek this phone

Robslaw

Reaction score
OK. Novice here. so, Droid will sync w/my iMac. right? Will it sync w/Mobile Me? PS I think I likek this phone

I have a macbook pro running leopard. You can set up your mobileme email on the Droidx. If you want your calendar to sync to the droid via mobile me it won't. You will need to sync via mobileme to ical to gmail calendar. It works good.

As for your imac, I was able to "mount" the droid x to the mac as a "mass storage device". This is the only way it will show up that I am aware of. This will enable you to copy and drag items to the SD card that is on the phone. You can also down load and awesome app / software call double twist. It allows you to sync you itunes to the droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why pay for Mobil Me? Google will sync your iCal which in turn will sync with Droid. Contacts are all in address book can be synced to gmail, which will sync to your Droid.

Unless there are other reasons, you can do it without paying for Mobil Me.

Robslaw

Reaction score
Why pay for Mobil Me? Google will sync your iCal which in turn will sync with Droid. Contacts are all in address book can be synced to gmail, which will sync to your Droid.

I pay for it b/c I like the fact that I have a private site to share pictures/videos with family and friends. I like the back up feature of idisk.

Just something I like. Besides, its only $99 for a family account if you buy it through Amazon.

M

mIQ Live

I pay for it b/c I like the fact that I have a private site to share pictures/videos with family and friends. I like the back up feature of idisk.

Just something I like. Besides, its only $99 for a family account if you buy it through Amazon.

Now that you have made the move to the world of Droid...! if your interested, there are many free apps that can help you do what Mobile Me does... (Does not matter if you use MAC or PC)

The free MIQ app from Best Buy is very similar to Mobile Me. You just download the app and it backs up all you phone data. You can sign into your secure online account and import contacts, send texts from the web, or manage many more features of your phone! It can back up contacts, sms, calender, photos, videos, bookmarks ect. You can easily link your account to social media spots like Facebook and Twitter, or browse and send phone content easily from the web.

If you ever switch phones all you do is download the app and sign in, all your data is automatically pushed to the new phone.

Plenty of sweet options out there to save you that hundo!

Hope you check it out! Welcome to Droid!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

pmkringiv

Reaction score
What about "syncing" your Mobile Me Gallery. I had ALL of my pics uploaded from my 32G iPhone and now mobile me has them all and I want them back

Robslaw

Reaction score
What about "syncing" your Mobile Me Gallery. I had ALL of my pics uploaded from my 32G iPhone and now mobile me has them all and I want them back

Unfortunately for you, Apple does not play nice with anyone else. If you want those photos on your droid you will have to save them to your SD card. Apple does not allow you to log in to Mobile me (other than to receive your emails) on any other phone but iphone. It really sucks. You cannot even log in from the browser to mobileme from your droid.

Just another shining example of Apple's world domination philosophy. You pay for something they sell, but can only use it on their products, (excluding your computer)

BTW, you will not be able to upload any photos taken on your droid directly to mobileme. You will have to send the phone to your computer via the SD card or email.