Droid not recognizing iMac?

BigCaseyDog

Reaction score
Well, I just got my Droid on the eleventh or so and am already loving it. I downloaded DoubleTwist to my Mac and also my Droid, to sync my music, photos, and movies from my iMac to my Droid. I connected the USB cable, clicked Mount on the Droid, and the sync went perfectly - I only added music, though. Now, I'm trying to sync more content to my phone, but when I plug the USB cable in from my Mac to my Droid, nothing happens on the Droid - only the device 'wakes up' if that's what you call it and displays the lock screen. No USB icon in the Notifications bar, and nothing on my Mac. I have tried unplugging and replugging, and all of the three different ports on the back of my iMac, but without success. It's strange, because it just worked a couple days before! Of course, I have been using the SD Card to sync ebooks and stuff like that, but I'd like to sync with the cable because DoubleTwist converts and scales the movies to play on the Droid. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
grin.gif

Oh, and in case it matters, here's some info on my system:
Mac OS X Version 10.6.3
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Currently running on iMac.

Thanks and sorry for the big post!

sfdshop

Reaction score
not syncing

You need to open the drop down and choose USB then choose mass storage. Worked for me.

atlefler

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem. I have a Droid x and when i plug into my mac book pro via usb nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. the screen doesn't even come alive. I've tried about thirty times now. It has connected in the past but then never again. There is also nothing in the notification bar. I went down to the verizon store and checked my phone on another computer with the same cord and it worked fine so I know that the cord works and the phone will connect to another computer. Any thoughts???