1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DROID X Media playback issue

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by DropC, Oct 7, 2010.

1. DropC

DropC New Member

I saw a few threads on this already, but no resolution to the issue. My (froyo) X will go stupid at random times, and completely forget how to play music and videos. It even can't take pictures. Custom ringtones don't work either. Has anyone found a PERMANENT solution to this problem? I don't feel like having to take a "certified like new" replacement from Verizon.
  2. raf330

raf330 New Member

Music and Video not working

I also have encountered this issue. Music from the player, Pandora, YouTube you name it, it does not work. I did a factory reset and everything was fine. And not even 24hrs later back to no media.
  3. Optor

Optor New Member

I'm having the same problem as well. I find that I have to shut the phone off and then turn on daily so that media, ring tones and even sometimes the camera to work. I tried with no additional apps installed and then I tried VCast to see if that would help. It didn't. How about Motorola tech support? Anyone out there tried that?
  4. cactus15

cactus15 New Member

Also having same problem....very aggravating. Is there a solution??????

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  5. Optor

Optor New Member

I did a battery pull and as of now it seems to work. I'll see tomorrow if this helped
  6. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

as far as the music issue (not sure about the video playback) If you are rooted I suggest you rename music.apk to music.bak and download a third party music app (Power Amp is what I suggest) Once I did that i havent had a single issue with music like i was before and the random stoppage, switching from shuffle to party shuffle, or the dreaded music compatibility format error.
  7. jab0607

jab0607 New Member

I went and got a certified replacement from Verizon because I complained enough about the MP3 and camera issue and the new one is doing the exact same thing after 3 days. I have only had both phones for a total of a week now and it is getting to be a real hassle. After I turn the phone off and back on, everything resets and it works again, but the phone should not be acting like this.

The worst and kinda funniest part is when I go to the Verizon stores - I have been to two different ones so far - they both say that they have never heard a complaint on the Droid X before. It is really frustrating because they don't believe that MY PHONE is acting up. And yet I bring it in with the MP3's not playing and the camera not working and they are all like "What did you do?"

I love the phone, but is it worth all the hassle?