Droid X, Liberty and nothing atcually installing

BodyBagz

Reaction score
TYTY you rock! thanks for being patient with me. so just uninstall liberty right?

thx again
Ummmm...there aint no "uninstall button" for ROMS.

I would suggest flashing back to a back-up you created after installing the Pre-rooted/Deodexxed Gingerbread release.

You did do a back-up after intalling the GB release didnt you?

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
thanks Bagz, i do read alot believe it or not, also watch a bunch of utube vids on this. hehe . is it ok to have DX and D2 bootstrap installed? just tried installing epicblue with D2 strap due to DX strap looping 2 times in a row and it aborted.

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
TYTY you rock! thanks for being patient with me. so just uninstall liberty right?

thx again

I would suggest flashing back to a back-up you created after installing the Pre-rooted/Deodexxed Gingerbread release.

I did one on Titanium and it is on the SD listed as update.zip havnt had to use it yet. I should do it?
I did uninstall the liberty app but i guess that wasnt enough

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
OK my DX bootstrap is not working at all, it gots to M screen then it goes away and just blackscreens...uggh

BodyBagz

Reaction score
thanks Bagz, i do read alot believe it or not, also watch a bunch of utube vids on this. hehe . is it ok to have DX and D2 bootstrap installed? just tried installing epicblue with D2 strap due to DX strap looping 2 times in a row and it aborted.

Yes, you can use either if you are using the GB release. In order for DX Bootstrapper to work, you need to un-check USB Debugging. Otherwise, just keep using D2 Bootstrapper...

BodyBagz

Reaction score

thx again

I did one on Titanium and it is on the SD listed as update.zip havnt had to use it yet. I should do it?
I did uninstall the liberty app but i guess that wasnt enough

Ummm, how did you uninstall Liberty?

Let me ask you this....Did you download and install the Liberty Toolbox from the Market? Is this what you are using to try and change Themes and Fonts? If so, then I can see you uninstalling that, the toolbox.

If that is what you installed...then dont worry about trying to flash a back-up.

When I asked about a back-up, I meant did you make one with Clock Work Mod...not Titanium...

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
bagz-

yes the toolbox i uninstalled. No i never used clockwork on DX bootstrap to do backup

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
i am going to have to work on it tomorrow, need to hit the bed
thanks for the help tonite!