Droid X, Liberty and nothing atcually installing

chefjellynow

Reaction score
Hey there all, long time lurker never posted tho.
Question, I have a DX running 2.3.340 deoxexed and have Liberty running but when I choose and download a theme or font or even a different battery icon scheme and it prompts me to reboot after it intalls from toolbox ...well it reboots and its all the same, wether i wipe or dont wipe.

any ideas? I just want to try playing around lol

thanks

ashboz77

Reaction score
Sadly it requires a reboot everytime to apply changes... there is no way to know what the themes and such actually look like without download and apply each time... that is the only crapy thing I have found with liberty tho... I'm running oreo slice... its nice and runs smoothly and with each theme you get tons of different wallpapers that match it. Hope that helps!

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
Thanks but what I was trying to explain, maybe i wrote it wrong is that nothing installs... after reboot it is still same theme, same font if i try to install font ect...

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
help

can anyone experienced help with my original post? am i posting on the wrong forum?
please advise

thank you all

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
Yes I am using 3g for d/l over the toolbox. I will try d/l on my comp and putting on the sd card. I did d/l watermarkd and even that wont work, that actually freezes me in M. I really want epic blue theme running with purisa font but just cant them going.. will try again

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
?

Is there any way of telling if the deodexed version is installed rather than the regular rooted gingerbread? I am thinking maybe that isnt installing and causing nothing to install? sound legit? lol sorry, im somewhat new to this but learning

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
ok, I may scratch that AM confused so sorry. Let me tell you my actions leading to this.
- rooted the DX
- installed DX bootstrap
- installed dxgbrooted.zip
- installed D2 bootstrap(it said i needed this to instal deodexed)
- installed dxgbrooteddeodexed.zip
- installed Liberty

tried to install several things from liberty and no themes or fonts work when installed, just goes back to normal. but when i install the gallery or the clock they installed properly thru Liberty.

tried to install watermarkd(i d'l on website) thru DX bootstrap AND Liberty SD install and neither time it works. Every time I put wipe clean and it never wipes my info.

hope this helps
thanks

ps- now i cant get DX bootstrap to work without crashing, just D2 works lol
-

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Liberty us not compatible with gingerbread yet. That's probably the cause of your problems.

tappin and a talkin

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Liberty us not compatible with gingerbread yet. That's probably the cause of your problems.

tappin and a talkin
Since ya left 1 word out earlier and it didnt make sense and you felt odd about it, its only fair now that you leave 1 word out and feel damn good about it...I bolded that 1 word for you in your last post...:biggrin:

Again, Liberty is a Froyo ROM...not compatible AT ALL with any release of Gingerbread...

I am quite surprised that your only issue so far is not being able to install themes and fonts...you should be walking around with a bootlooped phone...:icon_eek:

This is why you see soooo many posts that say Read, Read and Read some more...its really not just a suggestion...

OP
C

chefjellynow

Reaction score
TYTY you rock! thanks for being patient with me. so just uninstall liberty right?

thx again