Droid X has arrived, but why wont it DL my apps

debacle

Reaction score
From the marketplace. Even the ones I had purchased. Isnt it supposed to? I am coming from a rooted D1, and everytime I installed a new custom ROM after doing a factory reset it would DL all of my apps. Do I have to manually do this?

On a related note, I have the latest Titanium Backup from my D1. Can I install Titanium on my X, move over the backup, and install that way? That way to keep my text message threads/apps/settings/etc.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From the marketplace. Even the ones I had purchased. Isnt it supposed to? I am coming from a rooted D1, and everytime I installed a new custom ROM after doing a factory reset it would DL all of my apps. Do I have to manually do this?

On a related note, I have the latest Titanium Backup from my D1. Can I install Titanium on my X, move over the backup, and install that way? That way to keep my text message threads/apps/settings/etc.

This is a Froyo feature. Is your X on 2.2 yet?

OP
D

debacle

Reaction score
Nope. FedEx just dropped it off an hour ago, and i havent done much other than activate. Didnt know it was a 2.2 thing. I think I will hold off rooting the X for awhile.

So will a Titanium Backup work? Wait, that only works for rooted phones, doesn't it? shoot. Hmm, what to do?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You should still see all of your paid apps in the market that you can download (yes one at time) or you can root the X and use Titanium to put everything on...

OP
D

debacle

Reaction score
Ok, I will look into rooting tomorrow at work maybee. Need something to keep my busy, right? ;) Serious tho, any reliable 2.2 Roms out there? I liked the look of the Nex theme for my old droid. Good mixture of color and black. Havent paid much attention to rooting developments of the X, so I guess I will have to do some reading up.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, I will look into rooting tomorrow at work maybee. Need something to keep my busy, right? ;) Serious tho, any reliable 2.2 Roms out there? I liked the look of the Nex theme for my old droid. Good mixture of color and black. Havent paid much attention to rooting developments of the X, so I guess I will have to do some reading up.

no roms like on the droid for the DX yet