Droid X Giving Emails a 1969 Date

Rick650

Reaction score
I have three email accounts, all of which I receive on my Droid X. On one email account only, and only on the Droid X (not my computer), emails from me (my cc's) are given a December 31, 1969 date on the Droid X (on my computer, the cc's have the correct date). This started about a month ago, after working many months with no issue, and has not gone away. Any ideas how to stop it? Thanks in advance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have three email accounts, all of which I receive on my Droid X. On one email account only, and only on the Droid X (not my computer), emails from me (my cc's) are given a December 31, 1969 date on the Droid X (on my computer, the cc's have the correct date). This started about a month ago, after working many months with no issue, and has not gone away. Any ideas how to stop it? Thanks in advance.

Lots of people have had that issue. This isn't one of those go search responses, at least it's not meant to be, but I don't remember the fix. So please google the date and Droid, you should see a list of threads available.

Unless someone else remembers the fix. I haven't seen it for a while.

OP
R

Rick650

Reaction score
Many thanks. I had looked before, but not specifically enough. You're right--lots of folks have had the issue. As far as I can tell, the only "cure" was to download "K9" and delete the stock email app. on the Droid. I'll have to consider the time and effort to do that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Many thanks. I had looked before, but not specifically enough. You're right--lots of folks have had the issue. As far as I can tell, the only "cure" was to download "K9" and delete the stock email app. on the Droid. I'll have to consider the time and effort to do that.

No, that doesn't sound quite right to me. I know there is a way other then deleting the stock app. Keep looking and good luck.