Droid X Gets its Gingerbread OTA; Available Now

GohanBurner

Reaction score
I find it especially ironic how I bought a Droid X the other day without even knowing anything about the available ROMs and such, then Gingerbread comes out for it before it even gets to my house. This is great...however, I am going to miss the sleek look that my Droid 1 had with Cyanogenmod 7.0.3 (Winner0 #85-4)...and the DSP Manager... </3.

huskur

Reaction score
Which sbf did you use? I ran into an issue with an old 2.2 sbf I had that softbricked my phone.. I had to search for a different one. Anyways I know using z4 on a galaxy tablet makes the updates fail..which happened to me and I had to get a different set of files to revert to stock. Im not sure if the same applies to the x.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Most likely I rooted 2 weeks ago with z4root then found out the ota was coming reset everything back default setting (cpu) made no other changes all stock! Then unrooted! And then a factory reset! And ota still wont install! And for some reason since I unrooted using z4 every reboot goes into clockworkmod recovery!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Clockworkmod recovery. That is your problem right there. I had the same issue. It all stems from your root. Binary files get hijacked and cannot be truly turned back unless you follow this link: [HOW TO] Install and Remove Bootstrap Recovery

Download the Moto drivers, RSD Lite 4.8 and the SBF .340 for the X and follow the instructions. 30 minutes and you will be in buiness

spydrmn

Reaction score
Anyone know what the "tire tread" looking icon is on the status bar? I showed up after the gingerbread it's update.

spydrmn

Reaction score
Crap...yes..what a dummy I am lol...I Thot I had it turned it up already. Man do I feel stupid. ;-)

rcjames

Reaction score
Crap...yes..what a dummy I am lol...I Thot I had it turned it up already. Man do I feel stupid. ;-)

It's okay everyone make mistake especially me that I couldn't find application
list now I found the mistery way to open application list. LOL

beechtom

Reaction score
Anyone know what the "tire tread" looking icon is on the status bar? I showed up after the gingerbread it's update.

"vibrate mode"

Are you sure it's the vibrate icon? It comes and goes with mine, with no changes made (I have ring+vibrate set). I was thinking perhaps it is the synch icon. But heck, what do I know.:biggrin:

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

"vibrate mode"

Are you sure it's the vibrate icon? It comes and goes with mine, with no changes made (I have ring+vibrate set). I was thinking perhaps it is the synch icon. But heck, what do I know.:biggrin:
I believe that's the GPS indicator. Looks like it's no longer using the satellite.

mccowell

Reaction score
Just checking, this is just a system update and not an android update, correct?
I should have version 2.3.340 and android version 2.2.1, right?

wyld

Reaction score
Just checking, this is just a system update and not an android update, correct?
I should have version 2.3.340 and android version 2.2.1, right?

Yes it is the new android 2.3.3 - 2.5.596

wyld

Reaction score
4.5.596 oops my bad for the typo! Lol