Gingerbread On Droid X???? Already!

aj8600

Reaction score
Gingerbread on Droid 1 would probably not "run, run, run, as fast as you can" Seems like every update to the OS decreases the performance of the Droid 1.

WRONG! it's incredibly fast :)

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

t0k3ndr01d

Reaction score
Gingerbread on Droid 1 would probably not "run, run, run, as fast as you can" Seems like every update to the OS decreases the performance of the Droid 1.

have you never used cm7? the build im running now is very fast indeed and pretty stable for the most part. only issue now is camcorder and to me thats not an issue

Kanibull

Reaction score
My d1 + gb + p3 kernel= amazing speed and about 16 hours of battery life

anuraj1

Reaction score

have you never used cm7? the build im running now is very fast indeed and pretty stable for the most part. only issue now is camcorder and to me thats not an issue

GB on my D1 works great too, better than froyo. In addition to the camcorder, the compass doesn't work correctly either. Both should be cleared up soon though!

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Anyone having perfomance issues should try sourcery rom for d1. fast and excellent battery life. Lock adw into memory and no redraws at all.

I get 15+ hrs of usage !!!

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

The X!

Reaction score
That's funny how those who rooted their phones and use ROMS, STILL want something to resemble STOCK...

Anyway, I can't wait for this update! Looks beautiful!

wmnomore

Reaction score
This rom very much reminds me of the Droid Bionic. Looks much closer to vanilla android.
This will make the X pretty nice, especially after a little hackery.

Kanibull

Reaction score
If you use a third party video recording app you can record video with cm 7. sorry for being off topic

Cdjones187

Reaction score

Just the opposite for me, every update my dev has released for GB on the D1 has been faster than previous releases. Previous as in 2.2+, I use to have to run my device at 1.1ghz+ to get the same performance I'm getting on GB at 600mhz. Huge difference.

xmguy

Reaction score
FINALLY a FM Radio for the X that shows CORRECT RDS Data. :)

tb110895

Reaction score
This looks really sweet! does anyone think the droid 2 will get this update as well? I want the black status bar and pop up menus too!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

Just the opposite for me, every update my dev has released for GB on the D1 has been faster than previous releases. Previous as in 2.2+, I use to have to run my device at 1.1ghz+ to get the same performance I'm getting on GB at 600mhz. Huge difference.

Really!?! Every update has added function but at the cost of speed and response. When people say they really like GB but the camera doesn't work then GB isn't working correctly. At any rate I hope it does trickle down the the D1 and it is as good as you say!