Droid X Fm Radio

daxdm302

Reaction score
Does anyone one know what the fm radio will be like on the Droid X.
I know that its supposed to have it but so far no ones posted anything about it.

Thanks
dancedroid

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
I'd imagine it will be similar if not exactly like the one on the EVO 4G. Wired headset or earphones are required to act as an antenna. The EVO had a simple UI to select the station of choice.

OP
daxdm302

daxdm302

Reaction score
I havent experienced the Evo 4G but i expected the headphones as antenna because i have the ipod nano 5g with radio.....

Thanks

blazingwolf

Reaction score
So it will be impossible to listen to the fm radio over the external speaker?

Typically there is a way to turn the external speaker on so you can listen that way. You will need to leave the headphones attached though for the antenna.

thud424

Reaction score
just tried the evo fm receiver tonite ( using earphones) , worked well and I expect same from X

DRMMR02

Reaction score
Will any wired headset or earphones work? If it is like the EVO, can one purchase any aftermarket mic/headphones headset and use that with the FM radio, or is there going to be a Motorola only headset that one needs to have?

Cuz97

Reaction score
you should be able to use any wired 3.5mm headset or even external speakers. O bought an Altec lansing wired speaker from Verizon. Its $30bucks and comes with 3 tripleA batteries and it gets pretty loud with my Droid, plus u can use it as a better speakerphone also. All my frenz trip on how loud that lil bugger gets
ORBIT_FRONT_403.jpg

Kandiru

Reaction score
We need more friendly octogenarians on the forums, at least i won't feel alone:)

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
On my X I can use a headphone as an antenna. Also, I can use just an 1/8" extension cable (like you use to hook speakers to a PC). Both work good and reception is good. You can listen through the built-in speaker.

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
I use my fm radio on the X at times,it doesnt get my favorite country station very well,so I end up using Slacker or Pandora...most times..