Droid X FB Contacts!!

Fizban22

Reaction score
how do i make my contact list NOT include facebook people? i like the fact that you can sink theyre facebook/phone numbers, but there are a TON of people in my contact list that is only facebook pages with no numbers. How do i switch it to where only people i put in my phonebook show up and not alllll the facebook people??

dougivks

Reaction score
easiest way I have found is to do this. Open up your contact list, at the top it says "contacts A-Z" and below that it probably says "Contacts: All Contacts". click there and it gives you the choice of what contacts you want shown, just choose Google to use the google contacts you probably have synced up, and all the facebook only contacts will disappear.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
easiest way I have found is to do this. Open up your contact list, at the top it says "contacts A-Z" and below that it probably says "Contacts: All Contacts". click there and it gives you the choice of what contacts you want shown, just choose Google to use the google contacts you probably have synced up, and all the facebook only contacts will disappear.

wow that was easy. If this board had "rep" i'd give you some. Thanks!

J

jjb2

I tried this, but I still get all the contacts showing up when i click the contacts tab in the dialer.

dougivks

Reaction score
I tried this, but I still get all the contacts showing up when i click the contacts tab in the dialer.

yeah, it doesn't fix it there. those contacts are pulled from anyone that has a phone number, google or facebook. not sure how to fix that one.

Garandhero

Reaction score
Alright ive done this and its just not true, when you setup your facebook account it only pulls in contacts in your facebook phonebook thing.... which is not all your freinds. For instance of my 600+ "friends" I only have like 80 or 90 in this contacts list which is found by clicking friends, then on the left you see "Phonebook" ONLY THOSE FRIENDS ARE ADDED

HOWEVER, Syncing your facebook will automatically add FACEBOOK PHOTOS to any name that matches up to your GOOGLE CONTACTS LIST.. However they have to match the name perfectly to what it is in FACEBOOK.

barski

Reaction score
on my last droid x i had the same problem i used the social app/ widget thing that came with the phone. now with my new droid X i just installed the facebook app from the market and walla, no facebook contacts anywhere on my phone except on the facebook app. dancedroid

greysun

Reaction score
heres how I fixed this for me

I have a droid X.
You might have All Contacts selected to display

1. Go into your contact list
2. tap the bar that says Contacts: with the green plus sign.
3. From the menu select Phone Contacts

mslinda70

Reaction score
I have a droid X.
You might have All Contacts selected to display

1. Go into your contact list
2. tap the bar that says Contacts: with the green plus sign.
3. From the menu select Phone Contacts

yes that works but when you hit the dialer and do a search all the fb contacts come up, im so hating this feature

Lurpa

Reaction score
Im right there with you, when using the dialer, it has all your fb friends that have phone numbers. I do not want ANY of my fb friends on my phone. Still looking on how to solve this when using the dialer, when you use the contact app itself you can filter this out but I will never be using that as I always use the dialer